Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dev response imo???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dev response imo???

Jayrahmee
12.28.2011 , 09:09 PM | #1
community management for this game sucks, especially in this section of the forums.

So many things wrong with PvP, yet ZERO word has been given on whether or not they intend to fix these things, or HOW they will.

Told us over and over that PvP would have its place and is really fun blah blah blah.

Touche Bioware, you trolled us real good...never saw it coming

Skyrat
12.28.2011 , 09:13 PM | #2
They just finished sweating blood to get the game out the door. Give them time to have some meetings and make some decisions before you start howling and frothing at the mouth. Jesus, the game has been out like 2 weeks.
Bioware fanboy since Baldur's Gate I

Jayrahmee
12.28.2011 , 09:28 PM | #3
Game was in production for what? 5-6 years? People kept asking about PvP over and over and over and kept getting "trust me you'll love it" over and over and over. They shouldn't of hyped it up to be something it isn't, regardless of how long it has been out.

Skyrat
12.28.2011 , 09:30 PM | #4
I don't know, I kind of love it. There have to be some sort of limits to how much they can do at once though or the game will never ship.
I imagine they are already in the process of deciding what areas to focus on next. If we are lucky they will be very open about communicating the direction they will be taking us.
I am personally excited to see what they do next, but yeah, every single themepark MMO seems to skimp on PVP and it is disappointing, since I am primarily a PVP type as well.

Jayrahmee
12.28.2011 , 09:33 PM | #5
Well perhaps I wasn't completely fair in my OP.

I love the pvp, but hate it too.... it's almost like... all they need to do is fix the issues (including adding incentive for open world pvp) and it would be great. Just right now it isn't something I see myself doing for a long time, being a pvp person myself.

Edit: Plus the lack of dev response is frustrating... even a "we are aware and looking into possible solutions" would suffice, but they ignore everyone instead.

Skyrat
12.28.2011 , 09:35 PM | #6
I will agree with you that it is awesome and at the same time a little incomplete. It does feel like it could use a little love for it to really reach its potential.
I also look forward to if they will include PVP on their short list of things to do, but I'm not despairing quite yet.