Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Vader theory.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.28.2011 , 10:42 AM | #1
I've been thinking, was Vader killable? now let me explain first.

Vader was kept alive by his respirator right? but what if the Dark Side was the thing really keeping him alive? we saw that he was only killed when he had become conflicted, and his immolated arm acted as a super conductor for Sidious' lightning which also destroyed his respirator.

Could i be right in stating that the dark side kept him alive all those years, and when immersed fully, he was unstoppable? just a theory i had.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
12.28.2011 , 11:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I've been thinking, was Vader killable? now let me explain first.

Vader was kept alive by his respirator right? but what if the Dark Side was the thing really keeping him alive? we saw that he was only killed when he had become conflicted, and his immolated arm acted as a super conductor for Sidious' lightning which also destroyed his respirator.

Could i be right in stating that the dark side kept him alive all those years, and when immersed fully, he was unstoppable? just a theory i had.
Actually it was Sidious very powerful force lightning that killed him. Also it was a bit of both. It was the machines and the dark side of the force.

SammyRath's Avatar


SammyRath
12.28.2011 , 11:13 AM | #3
Quote:
and when immersed fully, he was unstoppable?
You know what, you might be on to something there. I'll actually agree with you on that one.
Too bad he lost both arms, legs, his mind, and suffered grievous third degree burns to his entire body, and fried his respiratory system.
There simply wasn't enough left of him to ever become that powerful.

Quote:
his immolated arm acted as a super conductor for Sidious' lightning which also destroyed his respirator.
That was the thing that really killed him. That lightning was extremely powerful on It's own, we saw It could kill Mace Windu without too much trouble. Vader's entire body consisted of electronic components, both his limbs, and internal organs were at that point mostly mechanical, so when the lightning hit him, despite the suits insulation abilities, his missing hand allowed all that lightning to surge at full power through his entire body, frying everything inside him, literally.

But you are correct, his entire life inside the suit was mainly fueled by rage, and hate.

Rhyltran's Avatar


Rhyltran
12.28.2011 , 11:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
You know what, you might be on to something there. I'll actually agree with you on that one.
Too bad he lost both arms, legs, his mind, and suffered grievous third degree burns to his entire body, and fried his respiratory system.
There simply wasn't enough left of him to ever become that powerful.



That was the thing that really killed him. That lightning was extremely powerful on It's own, we saw It could kill Mace Windu without too much trouble. Vader's entire body consisted of electronic components, both his limbs, and internal organs were at that point mostly mechanical, so when the lightning hit him, despite the suits insulation abilities, his missing hand allowed all that lightning to surge at full power through his entire body, frying everything inside him, literally.

But you are correct, his entire life inside the suit was mainly fueled by rage, and hate.
Well, he lost his hand against Galen Marek and his force lightning wasn't enough to kill him. He even used pylons that were channeling lightning against him and even then could only bring him down to his knees. Vader lost 120% of what he could have been but he was still quite powerful.

Chaoscorp's Avatar


Chaoscorp
12.28.2011 , 03:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
Too bad he lost both arms, legs, his mind, and suffered grievous third degree burns to his entire body, and fried his respiratory system.
There simply wasn't enough left of him to ever become that powerful.
That statement is pretty vaague taking into account Grievous was nothing more then a heart and brain in a full doid body and he lived on just fine

Durt's Avatar


Durt
12.28.2011 , 03:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Well, he lost his hand against Galen Marek and his force lightning wasn't enough to kill him. He even used pylons that were channeling lightning against him and even then could only bring him down to his knees. Vader lost 120% of what he could have been but he was still quite powerful.
Galen Marek is not the most powerful Sith Lord that ever existed.
OCENALE ASE
Jedi Guardian
Death Wind Corridor

SammyRath's Avatar


SammyRath
12.28.2011 , 08:37 PM | #7
Quote:
That statement is pretty vaague taking into account Grievous was nothing more then a heart and brain in a full doid body and he lived on just fine
I honestly don't follow your point? It doesn't really relate to what I said. I was agreeing with the OP regarding Vader being very powerful when fully immersed in the Dark Side, but given his injuries he simply couldn't manifest the Force like he was able to before.

You can't really compare Grievous to Vader in that sense mate.

To clarify, I hope you're not confusing my use of the word "grievous" as an adjective with the actual guy? In which case you read my post out of context.

Quote:
Well, he lost his hand against Galen Marek and his force lightning wasn't enough to kill him. He even used pylons that were channeling lightning against him and even then could only bring him down to his knees.
I haven't read the novels personally so I can't be 100% certain, but I've heard a lot of people saying that the TFU novels portray the plot somewhat differently. I.E. Galen actually didn't overpower Vader with those excessive amounts of lightning as portrayed in the game.
In a way this would make more sense, because the amount of lightning channeled directly into Vader seems like gross Overkill.


Quote:
Vader lost 120% of what he could have been but he was still quite powerful.
I agree.

Garviell's Avatar


Garviell
12.28.2011 , 09:20 PM | #8
I think its generally considered that Vader only ever became about 70% of what his true potential was.

Without the Injuries he would have exceeded the Emperor eventually.