Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dear TaitWatson: The Companion Romance System NEEDS to be fixed.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jedi_riches
01.06.2016 , 11:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
We'll see when Kaliyo makes a return next month. I really doubt they'll add the of 20+ previous romances with their own quirks and motivations into KotFE. That would make the one-size-fits-all story too complicated, so if you don't romance one of the bi-three, don't expect any romance-related twists, your pre-KotFE partner will wait for you in Odessen tending to hearth and home while you're on tour with your force-ghost buddy.

Yep. That's the "bioware storytelling" we were promised.
I have no doubt that the romances returns are not going to be in huge depth, probably something only along the lines of getting the occasional email or the odd line during conversations with them or even just maybe one scripted cutscene after their return saying how happy they are to see you again etc...
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Swedguy
01.06.2016 , 11:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I have no doubt that the romances returns are not going to be in huge depth, probably something only along the lines of getting the occasional email or the odd line during conversations with them or even just maybe one scripted cutscene after their return saying how happy they are to see you again etc...
Despite how little that might be, we're still going to miss out on it :/

Taramayne
01.06.2016 , 02:33 PM | #23
I have half a cargo bay full of useless courting gifts waiting for my romances to be re-activated.

PLEASE fix this already!

Swedguy
01.06.2016 , 03:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
I have half a cargo bay full of useless courting gifts waiting for my romances to be re-activated.

PLEASE fix this already!
Agreed. The sooner they fix this the better.

Also people, don't forget to sign this: https://www.change.org/p/bioware-ea-...fe-romance-bug

Swedguy
01.07.2016 , 09:51 AM | #25
Can I just say that I'm absolutely disguisted by the lack of communication from the devs about this?

XiamaraSimi
01.07.2016 , 09:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
Can I just say that I'm absolutely disguisted by the lack of communication from the devs about this?
Sadly this is Bioware Standard Operating Procedure.

Theyve been ignoring Vector Hylus and Lord Scourge wearing bras for over four years now. (They are male, and dont have the moobs necessary to need bras )

CloudCastle
01.07.2016 , 10:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
Sadly this is Bioware Standard Operating Procedure.

Theyve been ignoring Vector Hylus and Lord Scourge wearing bras for over four years now. (They are male, snd dont have moobs to need bras )
I'm more concerned that their voices are still messed up. I'm reluctant to use them until it is fixed because it is so jarring. No response on that issue either.

Evguld
01.07.2016 , 11:17 AM | #28
"I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.
To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.
We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing."

You gotta be kidding me, BioWare, HOW MANY MORE BUG REPORTS DO YOU NEED????

TinaLovesHan
01.07.2016 , 11:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
So am I, swedguy. So am i.
Return the rest of our original companions through story!
I miss Doc.
#RomanceArcann

TaitWatson
01.07.2016 , 01:41 PM | #30 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, and I wanted to clarify a few things. A number of the issues being reported are not, in fact, bugged.

The big one is Iresso. While Iresso is not alone in not acknowledging your romance, he has become the name surrounding the whole situation. In this case, there is a bug Ė the romance variables for some of the pre-KOTFE companions are being improperly assessed, leading to the appearance that they arenít romanced even if they are. This fix is scheduled for 4.1 but is not finalized yet. What should have occurred is that when you completed Chapter I of Fallen Empire, you would receive a mail from your romance. We believe that this issue is also affecting pre-KOTFE content as well; please let us know once the fix is live if you notice any issues. It is worth pointing out that this change is not retroactive: if you have already started Fallen Empire, you will not receive the letter.

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

As for Courting gifts, we are aware that they are only able to be consumed by Nico Okarr. At first we thought he was just greedy, but we found out itís because of the change from Affection to Influence, and the Courting Gifts not making the appropriate swap. This is also scheduled for Game Update 4.1.

Best,

Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]