Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul event broken

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VegasTheLost
12.17.2015 , 10:19 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Theik View Post
Somewhere there's a boolean that says rakghoul_event_tatooine that should be 1, and is now 0.
It's most likely pretty low on the to-do list however, so nobody bothered to toggle it back to 1.
Interesting. A boolean with a value of 1(or 0). Maybe you just found the problem
In need a crew to finish a group content? We're here to help you! Find more info in this thread.

EricMusco
12.17.2015 , 10:19 AM | #152 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Midyir
12.17.2015 , 10:21 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Ah, if only it were that simple.
The rakghoul event is there.
The cave is populated.
The quests can be taken.
MOBs can be killed.

None of that is true when the event isn't running and you can clearly observe that if the event ends while you're logged out in the caverns.

So by your example, rakghoul_event_tatooine *IS* set to 1.

Therefore, maybe the problem is more complex than a bunch of armchair developers seem to think it is.
How about they tell us how complex it is? For example:

This is so complex it is going take us a few days to a week to fix.

OR

This is so complex it is going take us a few weeks or a month to fix.

OR

This is so complex, and it is the holiday season, and the staff all got fired, and we don't care anyway, that we have no idea when we are going to bother fixing it.

He beat me by 2 minutes....nevermind.

Thank you for the update, even though it sucks.

The_Wulff
12.17.2015 , 10:22 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

After further investigation, we unfortunately will be unable to address the issues with the Rakghoul Plague before the event expires on Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For those who were looking to run the Rakghoul event, it is scheduled to return on January 12th. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks for the update Eric. Is it possible to get a make up week in before chapter 10 hits?

Callaron
12.17.2015 , 10:22 AM | #155
Hey folks,

-eric
Bad news for those who were looking forward to it, Eric.
Me personally, I'd have had to force myself to do the whole thing again after doing it so recently, so it doesn't affect me much.

I'm glad to hear it'll be back in less than a month though! (My energy for doing it again should be renewed by then )
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

TUXs
12.17.2015 , 10:24 AM | #156
Hey folks,

-eric
Wow...locking a companion behind a broken event is kinda sketchy eric...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rasinator
12.17.2015 , 10:27 AM | #157
Hey folks,

-eric
Well, Hopefully by that time on January 12, 2016 that the bugs will be address and fixed. This is one reason why I have not even started my KOTFE experience because we have way to many buggs and loosing any of my companions would be devastating. The bugs have literally over-taken this game to make it even remotely fun anymore. Its just a grind with no new content like walking zombies. Thanks Bioware you truly did it this time.
Trent
Dragonstone Legacy (Star Forge)
Enter my link in browser. You get rewarded as well as I even as a sub player.
http://www.swtor.com/r/nxRKyW

Oldsailor
12.17.2015 , 10:28 AM | #158
I really think the problem may be running multiple events at the same time. Each requires lines of coding and in this case Life Day and Rakghoul may be using lines that conflict with each other. (That may be why we haven't seen this problem before.) So to track down all the conflicts, and recode it would require a great deal of work.

DarthDymond
12.17.2015 , 10:31 AM | #159
Hey folks,

-eric
Ugh, that's really unfortunate, especially considering that "look at all the Events we have going on this December!" was kind of the thing BW was trying to push for the month as we wait for Chapter X.

They've got to be having a "when it rains, it pours" time over there, between this and the server issues / rollback.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

FieryEasy
12.17.2015 , 10:31 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Oldsailor View Post
I really think the problem may be running multiple events at the same time. Each requires lines of coding and in this case Life Day and Rakghoul may be using lines that conflict with each other. (That may be why we haven't seen this problem before.) So to track down all the conflicts, and recode it would require a great deal of work.
Good point there! I was wondering why they were planning on having two events running at the same time.
The Narra Legacy on The Shadowlands
<Hammerfist Clan>