Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Females never given flirt options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Females never given flirt options?

Evolvana
12.26.2011 , 02:05 PM | #21
So YES that's unfair.

If Bioware add some add-ons later (the one they talked about with same-sex romance new characters) they should add as well new romancable characters for female players.

PhoenixDream
12.27.2011 , 06:19 PM | #22
If they discriminate against women playing (and yes I see this as discrimination) they will have even fewer playing than they already do.

Evolvana
12.28.2011 , 04:09 PM | #23
I know that someone talked about the male romance option for Sith female warriors: Malavi Quinn.

I'm starting a Sith female and would like to get my romance right, I know he loves the Empire above all, but can my Sith be light side or as she to be dark side? does it matter? does he prefer dark side options or not?

I tend to play light side even as a Sith because it's original, but I don't want to suddenly have to choose the dark side options just to gain affection from him. I would like to know before really starting what I should do to please him!

BrigOrion
12.28.2011 , 05:11 PM | #24
Apparently TOR romance is only for hetero males.

Kalytron
12.28.2011 , 05:16 PM | #25
Man. The flirting dialogue is the most hilarious dialogue in the game! I hate that as a female character I don't get the chance to abuse it as often as all my friends playing male characters do. More than half the time they get the chance to talk to a femme npc, they get to flirt. I am so jealous! I'd re-roll to a male character if I felt like looking at their flat behinds all day but I just don't. So I'm stuck with only occasionally amusing chat options and little to no flirting, and hoping they win rolls instead of me.

foulcault
12.28.2011 , 05:58 PM | #26
male smuggler to 29 in tattooine and female consular level 23 in taris. I've had WAY more chances on my smugglar playing almost identical missions and answers. Consular has had one so far with a guy but I didn't take it though in favor of a light option! Smugglar I think I slept with people and got light points (or was that an anime censor thing?)

I think the options are there but maybe not as blatant as the smugglar and fewer which might hold true for jedis? I don't agree with this but just my observation.
I speak the rare language of typonese. I'm like a smuggler I type fast, get the job done, and never come back to the scene of the crime.

SWFTW
12.28.2011 , 06:02 PM | #27
It's not just you guys. My lvl 18 MALE assassin has had 1 flirt option in the whole game. All the romances in general are pretty shallow and stupid IMO anyway from what I've heard.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

Jedi_Luxora
12.28.2011 , 06:49 PM | #28
lvl 30 Shadow.
My only flirt choice to my memory was that annoying piece of **** Tharan. And his ***** arrogance disgusted me, so I chose an insult instead. God I want to have the option to kill him (dark side points ftw).

I play alongside a lvl 30 Guardian. Seen 2-3 pop up for him when we played side-by-side. I can't imagine how many occurred when I couldn't see his screen. <.<

Jaidan
12.28.2011 , 07:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SWFTW View Post
It's not just you guys. My lvl 18 MALE assassin has had 1 flirt option in the whole game. All the romances in general are pretty shallow and stupid IMO anyway from what I've heard.
which is weird, because my female agent has had a TON of flirt options.

im personally chalking it up to the character archetypes. Where a smuggler or agent might flirt with someone to get what they want, a jedi would use force persuade, and a sith might choke or shock em.

i haven't played any male toons yet, so i can't say anything to that, all i can say is that ive noticed a big difference in the dialogue options between the classes.

And on that note... i have noticed that when i went back with my agent and did quests id already done with my warrior, i noticed that instead of a "choke" option like my warrior got, my agent got a "flirt" option.

Evolvana
12.29.2011 , 11:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaidan View Post
which is weird, because my female agent has had a TON of flirt options.

im personally chalking it up to the character archetypes. Where a smuggler or agent might flirt with someone to get what they want, a jedi would use force persuade, and a sith might choke or shock em.
I'm playing a female Agent and I just had 2 flirting options for now, and I'm lvl 19. And I'm really trying everything to get these flirting options, so could you please tell me where you found that "ton of flirt options"? because I find it strange.

I had that Zabrak guy on Nal Hutta and that inflitrated agent on Balmorra, and nothing really happened with the second one (I just could tell him he was handsome)...