Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus' set = Wrong Colors

Inzuher
12.12.2015 , 12:11 PM | #1
I'm not even going to make a case here as you can simply see it for yourself:

In game Malgus 1st picture, 2nd picture and 3rd.

Now look at the cartel set.

The colors are too light in several places and most noticeably the shoulder pads should be black or a dark grey.

EDIT: Non preview window picture of the outfit.

More examples:
Spoiler
Roleplay is alive and well in Swtor and can be found on the Darth Malgus server.
Anyone interested in engagging in roleplay should check out MALGUS-RP.COM!

ZanyaCross
12.12.2015 , 12:13 PM | #2
I'm going to assume you meant "colors". I gotta be honest, except for maybe a little detail on the chest, I don't see a difference at all. It doesn't help that half the pics are completely red lit.

Inzuher
12.12.2015 , 12:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanyaCross View Post
I'm going to assume you meant "colors". I gotta be honest, except for maybe a little detail on the chest, I don't see a difference at all. It doesn't help that half the pics are completely red lit.
Just type in Maglus on google and take a close look. Here is another example.
Roleplay is alive and well in Swtor and can be found on the Darth Malgus server.

ZanyaCross
12.12.2015 , 12:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Just type in Maglus on google and take a close look. Here is another example.
The shoulderpads are a hair lighter on the cartel set?

It doesn't help that the preview window has some of the worst lighting in the entire game. I actually wasted money on the appearance editor because it bathes everything in this hideous blue lighting. Maybe if I put my set on and ran False Emperor I'd see it.

Inzuher
12.12.2015 , 12:36 PM | #5
It's the same when you equip it. And no it's not a major issue, but I'd honestly expect them to not half-arse one of the few sets people has been asking for ever since the game was released... Also the Maglus' real outfit is darker. If you look at the new other appearances he makes in game, status / figures, pictures or out of game sources it's the same.

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2015 , 12:45 PM | #6
There is a lot wrong about Malgus set. It's a joke and a prime example of bad 3d modelling. . :l

Inzuher
12.12.2015 , 01:52 PM | #7
Here is the requested example of a non-character preview picture of the outfit.

As you can see the colors are still way too light if you compare them to the Malgus pictures... It's almost as if they want you to spend money on a black and black dye or a secondary black dye... Add to that, the bloody unlock price is the 400 cc rip off that appears to have become the norm. Either they aren't doing too well or they've realised that they can milk our valutes.

ZanyaCross
12.12.2015 , 01:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
There is a lot wrong about Malgus set. It's a joke and a prime example of bad 3d modelling. . :l
The hood definitely needs to be fixed for female characters. As it stands the only way it will look good on a woman is if she's a Ratattaki.

Alec_Fortescue
12.12.2015 , 02:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanyaCross View Post
The hood definitely needs to be fixed for female characters. As it stands the only way it will look good on a woman is if she's a Ratattaki.
If you manage to remove the hood with headpieces you'll see the polygons that aren't properly covered - the torso guard does not extend to the neck like it should.

PorsaLindahl
12.12.2015 , 04:21 PM | #10
You do realize that all of those pictures are taken under different lighting situations, right? Obviously, that's bound to make it look different.