Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item Stack Resale Exploit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MeNaCe-NZ
12.11.2015 , 01:50 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
psssssssst credits are created everytime you grind mobs, vendor gear, open chests, complete quests etc.
Billions in a day per toon? Also those are legitimate activities, this was an exploit.

EricMusco
12.11.2015 , 01:56 PM | #402 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Here is another update on the exploit, and the action we have taken. We are continuing to investigate accounts and action is on-going. Here are the actions we have taken against accounts:
  • Suspension time, up to and including a permanent ban (more than 500 accounts have been permanently banned so far)
  • Removal of all Credits
  • Removal of all Currencies
  • Removal of all items which could be gotten from the exploit, including recurring Event Currencies and Companion gifts
  • Resetting of all Companion Influence to 0
  • Resetting progress of all Alliance Commanders to 0
The nature of this exploit is that players could use it to gain a wide array of things. This includes anything from credits, to event currency, to Companion affection via Rank 6 gifts. We are working to ensure that the action we take against player is fair, but makes it clear that use of exploits will not be tolerated.

We have seen quite a few comments and questions about accounts which have participated in laundering ill-gotten items and credits around. I will have an update on this later today. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

peter_plankskull
12.11.2015 , 01:58 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Here is another update on the exploit, and the action we have taken. We are continuing to investigate accounts and action is on-going. Here are the actions we have taken against accounts:
  • Suspension time, up to and including a permanent ban (more than 500 accounts have been permanently banned so far)
  • Removal of all Credits
  • Removal of all items which could be gotten from the exploit, including recurring Event Currencies and Companion gifts
The nature of this exploit is that players could use it to gain a wide array of things. This includes anything from credits, to event currency, to Companion affection via Rank 6 gifts. We are working to ensure that the action we take against player is fair, but makes it clear that use of exploits will not be tolerated.

We have seen quite a few comments and questions about accounts which have participated in laundering ill-gotten items and credits around. I will have an update on this later today. Thanks everyone.

-eric
What about top 10 guild rewards withdrawn from the guilds with exploiters?

EDIT- since my last one was so short minded...

Ill admit, im happy you're administering bans and punishments, but I think its best to just perma ban the people who did it in mass quantity, while resetting any possible progress from this is good, it feels like its just a slap on the wrist. People do game breaking things knowingly to shift the balance in there favor, and while resetting all possible progress is good, I think it should be perma ban worthy. While I am happy that they are getting severe punishments... maybe im just a sadist that wants them to suffer more.

MeNaCe-NZ
12.11.2015 , 02:01 PM | #404
Hey folks,

• Removal of all Credits

-eric
Thanks for the update and especially "We have seen quite a few comments and questions about accounts which have participated in laundering ill-gotten items and credits around. I will have an update on this later today."

How you handle that aspect and what normality you can bring back to the economy by handling it will go along way to bringing some respect back to the game from many after how poorly this was handled ( leaving it open so long ).

I honestly don't care if no one got banned etc. My main point of interest if the removal of as much generated credits as possible.

Jerba
12.11.2015 , 02:02 PM | #405
So much for only a small amount of players exploiting.
But thanks for giving some numbers, I appreciate this a lot. Hope you were able to hit some credit farmer bots as well.
I am a little worried that a lot of players laundered their credits to alt accounts, so I hope that you are tracking this as well so that players lose all exploited items.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Nomaad
12.11.2015 , 02:03 PM | #406
Don't understand eric, this exploit was reported within the first week of the expansion, and yet, you waited this long to action it. It's like BW wanted people to use this exploit.

Makillda
12.11.2015 , 02:09 PM | #407

-eric
Thanks for the update. I wish you all the luck in the world in your forensic accounting exercise and look forward to seeing many QQ posts of people who lose what they thought was safe.

Assuming you guys can catch them...
And now for something completely different!

Yes, it's a referral link. Now, watch as I pull a rabbit out of this hat.

TheWookiee
12.11.2015 , 02:14 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
So much for only a small amount of players exploiting.
But thanks for giving some numbers, I appreciate this a lot. Hope you were able to hit some credit farmer bots as well.
I am a little worried that a lot of players laundered their credits to alt accounts, so I hope that you are tracking this as well so that players lose all exploited items.
I am also interested in how the laundered credits are being handled. From what I have read on the reddit forums, a lot of the transferred credits are still there on alt accounts.
Click Link Below For FREE 7 Day Access and FREE Starter Bundle!

Infernixx
12.11.2015 , 02:15 PM | #409
Hey folks,

• Removal of all Credits

-eric
Eric, just so you're aware, there are multiple accounts from reddit and other sites from players who've supposedly made 500mil-billions and more who used other accounts to exploit and then laundered the credits through the GTN and personal transactions. And they're claiming that the exploiting accounts are banned but the credits and their receiving accounts are safe and secure and still in use.

So, I sincerely hope you guys can track the credits and remove them from the system and get the 'real' accounts and not just the exploiting accounts.
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

XiamaraSimi
12.11.2015 , 02:15 PM | #410
Hopefully this second round of credit seizures will make the newest batch of hypercrates on the GTN go back down, right now they are 16+million...