Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tabbing and Targeting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tabbing and Targeting

Wakalakaz
12.28.2011 , 05:48 PM | #1
One of the things that currently makes me feel clunky while PvPing is the targeting. As a healer utilizing all of your CC while healing multiple targets causes me to be switching targets constantly. When tabbing to target, the enemies are cycled through in what seems to be a random order. And when I try to click to target it feels like the hitbox for clicking the target is too small. I think that making the clickbox for targeting bigger and making tab target the enemy in front of your target instead of a random enemy in your field of vision will make PvP seem smoother and more enjoyable overall especially for healers. It may be a small thing but it would make a big difference for me.

Thanks for your time,
Renvak

KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 05:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakalakaz View Post
One of the things that currently makes me feel clunky while PvPing is the targeting. As a healer utilizing all of your CC while healing multiple targets causes me to be switching targets constantly. When tabbing to target, the enemies are cycled through in what seems to be a random order. And when I try to click to target it feels like the hitbox for clicking the target is too small. I think that making the clickbox for targeting bigger and making tab target the enemy in front of your target instead of a random enemy in your field of vision will make PvP seem smoother and more enjoyable overall especially for healers. It may be a small thing but it would make a big difference for me.

Thanks for your time,
Renvak
Truth

Panamaw
12.28.2011 , 06:05 PM | #3
Go into your key binding under preferences. There is a button used for assisting your target (target your target's target). I believe this is what you want.
Default is shift+T I think? change it to something that might be easier for you to use if needed.

Wakalakaz
12.28.2011 , 06:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Panamaw View Post
Go into your key binding under preferences. There is a button used for assisting your target (target your target's target). I believe this is what you want.
Default is shift+T I think? change it to something that might be easier for you to use if needed.
That is a good trick that i didn't know about and will definitively help, but i was mainly wanting tabbing to be the way it was is WoW where if your were facing a target and hit tab it would select the target that is closest and most in front of your character.

Illwill-
12.28.2011 , 06:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wakalakaz View Post
That is a good trick that i didn't know about and will definitively help, but i was mainly wanting tabbing to be the way it was is WoW where if your were facing a target and hit tab it would select the target that is closest and most in front of your character.
Agree. Random targetting sucks. Unfortunately mouse-targetting is a pain since people warp all over and the system for mouse-targetting is far from ideal.