Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NiM Loot Issue / Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.07.2015 , 11:21 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, Iíll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:
Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sindariel
12.07.2015 , 11:27 AM | #2
Finally, the official nail in the coffin for all progression raiding guilds.

There's absolutely ZERO incentive to run any NiM content with this utterly stupid loot system.
Click my friend link for a free character transfer, 7 days of free sub and more goodies. Details

Jadescythe
12.07.2015 , 11:27 AM | #3
Not sure I agree with a worse reward in NiM than a highlighted HM. But thanks for the update.

/popcorn
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

MorgenBlue
12.07.2015 , 11:28 AM | #4
What? Why shouldn't it be a guaranteed drop? If it's not guaranteed then it's useless for gearing up. Why force the NiM community to do highlighted HM? Do you want people to quit or what?

I'm fine with people that can't do NiM being able to get the gear through alternative means but this is just stupid. Who thought this was a good idea?

JourrnoRush
12.07.2015 , 11:30 AM | #5
Uh oh...
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

g_land
12.07.2015 , 11:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!
Could you expand on this design decision please? Short explanation or something because people who typically used to run nightmare now have the choice of doing something easy for better rewards or doing something harder for less rewards? It just seems odd and means that the guilds which were focused on nim before are bleeding members even more than previously. Some of us do play the game for the story but we also play it for interactions with friends we have developed and completing the hardest content by working together but you have removed the incentive for the latter.

theSCARAYone
12.07.2015 , 11:31 AM | #7
That sure sounds logical, lets make the easier mode have garunteed drops but the harder one not garunteed. You guys should add 228 gear that only drops in story mode since this is your thought process now.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Iwipe
12.07.2015 , 11:31 AM | #8
How does this make any sense? If a guild choose to spend the extra time and effort to do a nightmare ops, why shouldn't they get the best raid loot from it rather than doing brain dead targeted hardmode ops every week?

Flying-Brian
12.07.2015 , 11:32 AM | #9
Wow, that's the most worthless excuse for anything "that's working as intended" as you've ever done in this game.

But hey, we've all got playing as HK-55 to look forward to, right?

SirUrza
12.07.2015 , 11:36 AM | #10
Terrible design. There's no reason to run nightmare. You encouraging people to stick running nightmare all together and instead grind the featured hardmode on multiple characters to build 224 set.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)