Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gold Farmers are invading Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gold Farmers are invading Star Wars

KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 03:59 PM | #1
So the last few days I have seen an overwhelming amount of afk'ers in warzones. People are just running scripts to anti-afk with stealthers....and your system supports it. There is NO way to report someone for being AFK. They get money and A TON of XP for afking in warzones.

This is a SS of me, I just happened to join a warzone 2 seconds before it ended. I wasn't even able to get out of my starting area.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5..._30_861860.jpg

513 Free Valor
30 Free Commendations
11858 Free XP
2566 Free credits

And we lost....

For doing nothing, at all. And with no way to report someone for AFK'ing or report for anything other than spam, this is going to continue to destroy their already FUBAR PvP system.

Misnomer
12.28.2011 , 04:05 PM | #2
I'm not denying that it's happening as I haven't tried pvp in this game yet. But from what I see on that scoreboard there are two characters that didn't contribute at all. One I'm assuming is you since you got in before you were able to do anything. Is it hard to believe the other person wasn't in the same boat as you.

I'm not saying afk farming doesn't happen and I agree that you shouldn't get that kind of a reward for zero input. I'm just saying your screenshot doesn't prove much. edit: as far as pointing out afk farmers.

nadeblunts
12.28.2011 , 04:07 PM | #3
I'm beginning to wonder why there are so many small things like this that can end up big, that went unheeded by the developers. I'm seeing afk'ers in WZ and I'm like ok I'll right click their name and report them... NOOOOPE CHUCK TESTA.

The more I play, the more I feel we were given an unfinished game. That really annoys me.

I like this game a lot, but it just seems like it's taking steps backwards...

Use the Fus, Luke.

KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 04:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
I'm not denying that it's happening as I haven't tried pvp in this game yet. But from what I see on that scoreboard there are two characters that didn't contribute at all. One I'm assuming is you since you got in before you were able to do anything. Is it hard to believe the other person wasn't in the same boat as you.

I'm not saying afk farming doesn't happen and I agree that you shouldn't get that kind of a reward for zero input. I'm just saying your screenshot doesn't prove much. edit: as far as pointing out afk farmers.
Well the SS was just to show you what you DO get for losing and having no contribution. Which attracts gold farmers like a fly to light. You get money and XP-not chump change-for doing nothing, a gold farmers dream.

Nautius
12.28.2011 , 04:11 PM | #5
Have you actually seen anyone advertising for selling credits?
"Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
///////۝\\██████████████████████████████████)

DaOpa
12.28.2011 , 05:14 PM | #6
On the Republic side on SERVER IRON CITADEL

We have a Serial AFK, Do Nothing, go in the corner player that is currently from the people ive been inspecting now the HIGHEST VALOR RANK on our side..

This is terrible -

being -1 player from the start in these 8 man BG's is pretty bad....