Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V: First boss?

Avanaco
12.28.2011 , 07:03 AM | #1
I just ran Taral V for the first time, and the first boss has me absolutely confused.

The question is about the adds: they appear to reset aggro and run around chomping on anyone they like. Healer, DPS, etc. I could NOT keep them on me.

Fortunately the damage they did appeared to be minimal, so we got through it fine, no wipe.

However, I don't like looking like an idiot, and I DO like knowing how encounter mechanics work. So... besides taunting every 15 seconds, is there ANYTHING a tank can do to keep those adds on him instead of running around the group?

Powercord
12.28.2011 , 08:01 AM | #2
Hah, I was frustrated at this as well however; there is nothing we can do to hold aggro. Both cats hit for little to no damage so it's not anything to worry about. What I'm concerned with is the fact they have SO MUCH BLITHERING HEALTH FOR ADDS! I can easily say that 80% of the fight is wasted on those adds after the boss is dead... It's such a long boring fight once the boss dies. I say, once the boss dies, both cats take 100% increased damage because their master has fallen and they've gone into a frenzy revealing their weakpoints.

Avanaco
12.28.2011 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Powercord View Post
Hah, I was frustrated at this as well however; there is nothing we can do to hold aggro. Both cats hit for little to no damage so it's not anything to worry about. What I'm concerned with is the fact they have SO MUCH BLITHERING HEALTH FOR ADDS! I can easily say that 80% of the fight is wasted on those adds after the boss is dead... It's such a long boring fight once the boss dies. I say, once the boss dies, both cats take 100% increased damage because their master has fallen and they've gone into a frenzy revealing their weakpoints.
Wow. That's really lame then. But at least I feel better now.

Unfortunately groups are so full of "googgooggo" kiddies that you don't have time to discuss tactics anymore. Heh. Hell, on the second boss I ended up picking up both of them at once and they ignored my request to dps them both down fairly evenly. Oh well.

Last boss was more challenging, we wiped a couple times because DPS didn't understand that I couldn't interrupt BOTH the full auto AND the hail of bullets. Asked three times for them to handle the hail while i handled the full auto, they didn't listen. Finally we ended up doing a weird strat where one DPS picked up and killed the left 2 adds, I picked up and killed the right 2 adds. Not sure what the point of that was but at least I made sure the adds were dieing before he came out of his "stun" phase. ~_~