Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Boba Fett survive the sarlacc pit?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Did Boba Fett survive the sarlacc pit?

Gigabix
12.13.2011 , 07:45 AM | #11
Ahh this is good to know, nice to hear Dengar helped him.

I guess he gave up trying to kill / capture Solo or Luke since Jabba got a sore throat

Splaktar
12.13.2011 , 07:48 AM | #12
What about Bossk? Anyone got a link to stories about him?
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Chaac
12.13.2011 , 07:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Albinosmurf View Post
I wonder if i can design my character so hes my great great great great great great great great grand son
What era are you playing in?

Asstompicus
12.13.2011 , 07:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Splaktar View Post
you could try the wookiepedia.

Janga_Dread
12.13.2011 , 07:54 AM | #15
Boba is a clone but an unaltered clone of Jango, who's exploits prior to becoming the basis of the clones include him being mandalore and a general ******. Read about it at wookipedia its a great read. Hell I would happily be his clone ha ha
Do, or do not. There is no try (Yoda, 1980).

AnubisXy
12.13.2011 , 07:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Splaktar View Post
Bossk was kind of a tool for the most part.

He was a Bounty Hunter who was always living in Boba Fett's shadow. Bossk wanted to be the best hunter in the galaxy - and he was really good. If he had lived at any other time he very well might have been number one. But unfortunately he had to live in the same age as Boba Fett.

Every time he clashed with Fett, Fett would always come out the winner, and Fett would usually humiliate him in the process. But finally, in their last encounter, Bossk managed to get one over on Fett, forcing Fett to pay him a massive amount of credits, as well as admit that Bossk had finally won, in return for vital information.

Bossk Wookieepedia Page

Jorander
12.13.2011 , 07:58 AM | #17
Here is the thing. Technically, by rules of canon, Boba Fett is dead. It is G-level canon that he is dead, and any appearance he makes in a work that is a lower level of canon, is automatically overruled and made N-canon. Before anyone jumps in with a quote about the alternate universe of the EU, and the Lucasverse, I have to say, that is Lucas' own personal view on it. The actual canon system, says that Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc pit. No, I am not trying to crush any dreams of any fans of Boba Fett, or anything like that, I'm not a hater, that is just the way it is set up. I do not believe that anyone who likes Boba Fett should not enjoy the stories about him, just because of their level on the canon rung. I personally ignore certain parts of Star Wars that have been retconned, that really shouldn't have. So there you go.
"Honor is a fool's prize." Darth Bane
"Love will not condemn you, love will save you." Jolee Bindo
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." Kreia. The wisest teachers of the force to ever live.

Asstompicus
12.13.2011 , 08:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorander View Post
Here is the thing. Technically, by rules of canon, Boba Fett is dead. It is G-level canon that he is dead, and any appearance he makes in a work that is a lower level of canon, is automatically overruled and made N-canon. Before anyone jumps in with a quote about the alternate universe of the EU, and the Lucasverse, I have to say, that is Lucas' own personal view on it. The actual canon system, says that Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc pit. No, I am not trying to crush any dreams of any fans of Boba Fett, or anything like that, I'm not a hater, that is just the way it is set up. I do not believe that anyone who likes Boba Fett should not enjoy the stories about him, just because of their level on the canon rung. I personally ignore certain parts of Star Wars that have been retconned, that really shouldn't have. So there you go.
IMO all the stories after the original trilogy are kind of lame anyway... :/

Lycourgos
12.13.2011 , 08:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Asstompicus View Post
Star Wars is kind of like the King Arthur stories in that way. Everyone has their favorite character so when they write a story in that mythos they play up that character.

Except Chewbacca... Thats one dead Wookie
|█|███████|‼|≡|█|[███████████████████████████████)

midnitemonster
12.13.2011 , 08:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorander View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_%28company%29
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."