Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Change Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vyerix
11.20.2015 , 04:35 PM | #1281
Guardian Tank mostly 208 gear mixed with some 216.
Using Veeroa who is Influence 17. Her heals I thought worked out nicely up until third array.

I'm pretty much stuck at third array in Tatooine Heroic SF. Was always slight hiccup before the comp nerf but now I surrender. Companion as healer just not getting it done. Comp as DPS can blow thru both Adds in seconds but not enough health between Comp and my Tank to survive. Comp as a Tank and myself as a tank again blow thru Adds fairly quick but not enough health. Using all cool downs etc. I enjoy a good challenge but hell this was nuts. Think I tried that third array 12 times last night before throwing in towel and walking away.

Not saying 4.0 companion heals wasn't on high side but the Nerf Nuke that was used on them was a tad too extreme other way.

May give it a try again tonight if the mood hits me.

SamAnders
11.20.2015 , 04:36 PM | #1282
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
Add something similar to the item that removed the 12x Exp boost to the fleet vendor, have comps OP by default, buy the boost that brings comps to current nerfed state and stays until you use a new one to disable it = problem solved!

Is what I would like to believe, but I'm sure many of those who like the nerf will whine that everyone is nor forced to play the way they like still...
That would be unfair then bad people can still do all the same content they can!

tahol
11.20.2015 , 04:37 PM | #1283
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
i have to agree with some of the stuff you talk about but were i disagree is low level new players. Every one talks about there experience as a player that has been playing since being a founder or i been playing a year. I been saying it a problem with new gamer's not i just picked up my 16 mara in green gear. after a year you know how the game engine works how to play other classes were to find out info. what not would you agree?

So in short not every on these forums represent the player base as a hole every one coming here is either and elder game member or well over a years worth of play time. There skill level is pretty high when i on planet i see new player complain they hat the change. as well as casual elder players. I am trying to point out making a blanket statement it is all good with out putting some thought into others game play is not feedback other then for your self. Some are being honest in this say i did not really have a issue but i think it was to much of a nerf for some peoples skill then there is others going screw them it about me me me.
Tell me: at what point has this game come so hard for new players? This is excaclty what I mean when I say people act like 4 years of this game never existed. Actually, I want that EVERYTHING will be reverted back how it was two months ago, just so that people would remember it. Do you all have alzheimers or what? SI got healer at Hoth. Class in cloth. Only one who got healer at first levels was Bounty Hunter. Not even trooper got that, and they are mirrors. You come to tell me about new players when I was one not so long ago. I'm not one here being me me me. I only expect people to manage what I did, and they even have it MUCH easier now. I had to start without any kind of a healer, and I did it as a preferred player. I was always underlevelled. All this craptalk about how worried you are about new players is just a smokescreen and a way for you lot to justify to yourselves your own demands of a game that does not make ANY demands for you.

I have noticed a new trend now: suddenly it is all about regen. Tomorrow it is something else that would make it acceptable that your God-healers are toned down to at least somewhat normal level.

This is an MMO-game, no matter how much you want it to be something else, and it means it expects people to grow in it. If someone has a mindset that they just start the game and blast through it without learning and without any will to better themselves, I have no understanding for them. They think learning and adapting is BELOW them. They think they deserve to be treated like some Victorian Damsels. This attitude is worse in this game than in any I have played before, and it is because this is a sub-based game. I'm very surprised about it. You go ***** about difficulty in some f2p-game and you are laughed out from the whole server.

Devrius
11.20.2015 , 04:38 PM | #1284
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Sleepy View Post
Seems like a much better way than the forums to me also, never bothered posting till after the nerf.
Hell, not only would it be more accurate it would be less subjective too!

Make it a simple question:

"Rate from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest, your perceived level of enjoyment of the game before patch 4.0.2 and after 4.0.2"

Then have a box for "before" and one for "after", there accurate and quantifiable numbers to justify changes.

Instead they use their nebulous "metrics" which is not based on what we, the costumers, feel is right in terms of completion times and what not but what they feel is right. The old saying the costumer is king exist for a reason guys...

Neoforcer
11.20.2015 , 04:44 PM | #1285
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
Tell me: at what point has this game come so hard for new players? This is excaclty what I mean when I say people act like 4 years of this game never existed.
When you are out on leveling planets and see people complaining they don't like the change. They can not do the content on leveling planets. I am saying people are selfish and call people 4 year old's when they do not want to accept other point of view does that make them a bad person no it is there opinion. Every one in titled to there own opinion. But when you don't agree try not insulting others please.

Ursakar
11.20.2015 , 04:52 PM | #1286
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
This is an MMO-game, no matter how much you want it to be something else, and it means it expects people to grow in it.
No, MMO-game means only one thing - that people get to play with many other people in a single environment. For such a game to be successful everyone who plays it should enjoy it to some degree. If suddenly a noticeable group of players stops enjoying the game, it doesn't mean that something wrong with these players. It means that something is wrong with the game and a balanced solution needs to be found.

Pestelance
11.20.2015 , 04:54 PM | #1287
As a casual player, I find this change very disappointing. I enjoy the leveling process of multiple characters and the fact that I can do it anytime I want and not have to worry about others being on. I don't see how you can justify how badly you nerfed the comps AND the level sync. Have one or the other. If this does not change fairly quickly... I will be unsubbing and moving to something different to spend my money on and enjoy my time with...

SamAnders
11.20.2015 , 04:55 PM | #1288
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestelance View Post
As a casual player, I find this change very disappointing. I enjoy the leveling process of multiple characters and the fact that I can do it anytime I want and not have to worry about others being on. I don't see how you can justify how badly you nerfed the comps AND the level sync. Have one or the other. If this does not change fairly quickly... I will be unsubbing and moving to something different to spend my money on and enjoy my time with...
Just cancel now and re-sub if/when they change it.

EricMusco
11.20.2015 , 05:01 PM | #1289 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SamAnders
11.20.2015 , 05:01 PM | #1290
Incoming 10% buff that doesn't really help very much!