Ability to turn off bonus from the Presence stat

Arlon_Nabarlly

So with KotFE comps got a major buff. With todays patch they nerfed them some, but they say the intention is for them to be more useful than 4.0. I thought they were OP in 4.0 with the ~1500 presence my main has. I found KotFE to be extremely boring in combat because there was absolutely no challenge, on a scale of 0 to 10 the challenge in KotFE was -9000. Now many players like that, which is fine, but also many don't. How about a way for users to turn off their presence and essentially self nerf their companions. In the past we could do this somewhat by under-gearing or using naked companions.

I think this is something that would be pretty easy to add and I'd like to see it considered. Thanks for listening.

So with KotFE comps got a major buff. With todays patch they nerfed them some, but they say the intention is for them to be more useful than 4.0. I thought they were OP in 4.0 with the ~1500 presence my main has. I found KotFE to be extremely boring in combat because there was absolutely no challenge, on a scale of 0 to 10 the challenge in KotFE was -9000. Now many players like that, which is fine, but also many don't. How about a way for users to turn off their presence and essentially self nerf their companions. In the past we could do this somewhat by under-gearing or using naked companions.

I think this is something that would be pretty easy to add and I'd like to see it considered. Thanks for listening.

although i disagree and believe that the companions where fine(and the fact that there are more pressing **** to deal with than just the comp) you are probaly one of the very few who actually gave some sort of suggestion as to how to change the companions, so much respect for that m8.

Now i think that system should be implemented, but instead of turning it off, having the option of adjusting it in order to fit your "challenge" needs. if its too much for you to handle then you tweek it to fit your playstyle and challenge desires. But nerfing them all the way and making them more useless than pre 4.0. thats just a result of people saying comps too strong plz nerf without any suggestions, its complaining for complaining sake because gamers will never be satisfied with anything, which is why so many games die out or simply become less popular, because they want to appeal to a minority rahter than the masses, which is a common problem in the gaming community

although i disagree and believe that the companions where fine(and the fact that there are more pressing **** to deal with than just the comp) you are probaly one of the very few who actually gave some sort of suggestion as to how to change the companions, so much respect for that m8.

Thx for the compliment :D

Now i think that system should be implemented, but instead of turning it off, having the option of adjusting it in order to fit your "challenge" needs

I debated suggesting that, however I was going for simplicity. I think the ability to change it whatever value suits you would be more difficult. Also I would think your max would need to be based on what you earned which would also further complicate this. However, if they think they could do this, I would be onboard.

i figure there would be some specifics to look over on how to implement/achieve this of course, haha, but yeah, its a better suggestion than "omg wahh boo hoo change plz omg **** this sucks wahh im important waahh" XD, like honestly not many people gave a legitimate suggestion towards fixing the problem and instead cried about it constantly until they changed it and again they cry because well they arent satisfied, BW listens to those people rather than ppl like you who are against the OP nature of the comps(since its the example given) but give a legit solution to the problem even if its in its baby phase instead of just complaining and entitleing yourself to get noticed.

that is actually an interesting idea, lowering/raising the influence level manually by multiples of 5 or 10, or as you said lower the influence, but find a way to adjust their OPness with either a toggle or something, i dunno much about developing in its entirety so obviously my solutions/suggestions are gonna be super mega beta stage XD hahahaha

I asked for something like this before the nerf. I don't care if people want to run around in god mode. I just wanted to be able to add a scaling factor to presence so that my companion was no longer putting me over the "immortality line" by healing more damage than I could possibly take in a fight, even against multiple elites.

Give me that and a way to nerf my XP gain rate like they did for 12x and I'll be good and everybody else can play how they like.

Now i think that system should be implemented, but instead of turning it off, having the option of adjusting it in order to fit your "challenge" needs. if its too much for you to handle then you tweek it to fit your playstyle and challenge desires.

Along those lines, there have been ideas posted in another topic that they could introduce some sort of difficulty slider. At the neutral setting everything would just function at the baseline, of course. Set it towards the easy side and you'd get an additional % boost to presence and a comparable % penalty to credits and xp earned from kills. Set it towards the hard side and you'd get some % penalty to presence and a comparable % bonus to credits and xp earned from kills. (The focus of the topic was companion strength but they could perhaps implement a buff/debuff for the player character as well. I also think that the loot tables could change with this as well, like how the big machines in the nightlife event have different odds while you have the lucky buff from the small machines. So better chances at better drops could also be a benefit of taking the nerf.)

Someone else who suggested this phrased the proposed risk vs reward aspect as being all about the mission turn-in rewards. This would be more obvious and noticeable than the little bits and pieces you get here and there from kills, but I'm not sure if the game is built to support anything like that without some serious modification. Modifiers on drops from kills would be far easier to tweak. Also, if they did something to mission rewards that would require some very careful planning to create conditional checks and countermeasures to ensure that nobody can cheat the system by running in easy mode and switching to hard mode at the end to boost the rewards.

Either way, a necessary security measure for this would be to disable / override it when your PVP flag is active and probably also when you're in an ops group or maybe even in a regular group as well. Ideally the adjustments should be only for solo play. If other players are involved, everybody should default to neutral mode so that it's not a variable in your performance against each other.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Tell me this, how is a longer fight were we are all pressing 1,2,3 etc (however we use quickbars) in PVE more fun if I play by myself?

This is only in response to PVP only player's. the rules should only apply to PVP servers.

Either way, a necessary security measure for this would be to disable / override it when your PVP flag is active and probably also when you're in an ops group or maybe even in a regular group as well. Ideally the adjustments should be only for solo play. If other players are involved, everybody should default to neutral mode so that it's not a variable in your performance against each other.

I did consider that PvP could be a problem with this. IMO the solution? If you engage a player in PvP your comp is automatically dismissed or forced into passive for the duration of the player battle. Comps in open world PvP have always been somewhat odd. That's my two cents on it.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

I think it should work for OWPvP like it does for WBs, companions would be stunned for the duration of a PvP fight.

The akk dog has a permanent buff on it, "kolto collar" or some such, likewise the probe droid has a "restraining bolt" one, another such buff could be added to all companions: Inadequate.

Description: "Only true heroes could hope to rival one another. Companions will be incapacitated, and as such, unusable for the duration of a duel or any other kind of PvP combat."

Edited by sentientomega

This is a feature that could help heal a lot of wounds from the comp fiasco (on both sides). The current may have stifled the major fires, but I know subs were lost both from people who think comps are still to OP and those that want them back at 4.0 levels. A system like this could help you get those people back!

I support this idea.