Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

These 4 threads all ask the same questions,can we get answers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
These 4 threads all ask the same questions,can we get answers?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hadoken
11.11.2015 , 03:40 PM | #21
I'm looking for the PVP player outrage that Lokin is gated behind Qyzen, a pve only requirement.

Is this the right thread?

Jadescythe
11.11.2015 , 03:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
I'm looking for the PVP player outrage that Lokin is gated behind Qyzen, a pve only requirement.

Is this the right thread?
Nope.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

branmakmuffin
11.11.2015 , 03:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
That's a dumb reason to do or not do something.
It is a fine reason. It's their story. If you don't like their story, don't play it. Just like if you don't like a particular novel, don't read it.

Quote:
And to my knowledge, no, you cannot refuse the Qyzen quest, it just resets it for you to come back later and start it without allowing you to get the Lokin quest.
The game does not take control of your character and force you to do the Qyzen quest. Don't want to do it? Don't do it. It's not like there's a shortage of companions in KotFE. You only need 7 (at this point).

EricMusco
11.11.2015 , 03:53 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I talked to Matt about Alliance, Companions, and your questions specifically related to accessing future Companions. Between this thread and the ones linked in the OP, I think there are two main questions you are looking to have addressed.

Will I need to complete currently available alert Missions to unlock future alert Missions?
As of right now, the answer to this is yes. Inside of each Alliance Companion type (Military, Underworld, etc), the Companion recruitment alerts are very much looked at like a Mission chain. Generally, you must complete one alert Mission before you will receive the next. Note that you only need to complete the Mission itself, not necessarily recruit any Companion associated with it. There may be exceptions to this later on, for story reasons, but this is the general rule right now. It is worth noting that this is something the dev team is talking about, so it could change, but this is how it works right now.

Will I need to PvP for future Companions / Will I need to unlock Companions like Pierce to access future Companions?
The answer to your question is maybe. We are open to the possibility of future PvP related Companions/Mission content which could require the completion of M1-4X/Pierce's Missions. That said, we would not likely have PvE related content require it.

I think that should answer the primary questions that you have! Let me know if anything requires further clarification. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
11.11.2015 , 04:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Will I need to PvP for future Companions / Will I need to unlock Companions like Pierce to access future Companions?
The answer to your question is maybe. We are open to the possibility of future PvP related Companions/Mission content which could require the completion of M1-4X/Pierce's Missions. That said, we would not likely have PvE related content require it.

-eric
Excellent news Eric! Thank you for asking and please tell Matt I appreciate him not backing down on PvP requirements. I appreciate the team trying to expose players to PvP.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Anaesha
11.11.2015 , 04:10 PM | #26
I was going to suggest Eric invest in riot gear before coming to the forums but so far that doesn't seem to be needed.

Eric anyway you could check about the latency issues Jedi Covenant had been having since the expansion launched?

Mystyrys
11.11.2015 , 04:15 PM | #27

So... if I understand this part correctly, even though I have chosen to not get M1-4X and Pierce because I detest PvP with a deep and abiding passion, that to access future companions, I might be forced to unlock the previous PvP-wall companions after all. In essence, requiring me to inflict myself on warzones and avid PvPers, where I do not want to be and where I won't have a clue what I am doing, and won't have any fun doing it, and making it horrible for everyone else that is there.

Or again choose to accept being gated from accessing all the companions I might wish to have.

Great. Just great.

Chapters 1-9 were awesome. Best time I ever had in this game. Ever. Alliance and recruiting companions -- not so much. Keep adding barriers like this and it gets a lot more not so much.
You don't know me.

Jadescythe
11.11.2015 , 04:15 PM | #28
I talked to Matt about Alliance, Companions, and your questions specifically related to accessing future Companions. Between this thread and the ones linked in the OP, I think there are two main questions you are looking to have addressed.

Will I need to complete currently available alert Missions to unlock future alert Missions?
As of right now, the answer to this is yes. Inside of each Alliance Companion type (Military, Underworld, etc), the Companion recruitment alerts are very much looked at like a Mission chain. Generally, you must complete one alert Mission before you will receive the next. Note that you only need to complete the Mission itself, not necessarily recruit any Companion associated with it. There may be exceptions to this later on, for story reasons, but this is the general rule right now. It is worth noting that this is something the dev team is talking about, so it could change, but this is how it works right now.

I think that should answer the primary questions that you have! Let me know if anything requires further clarification. Thanks!

-eric
Thanks for the comments Eric.

I have to say that this is not very alt friendly when some players have 16 alts for each AC. It seems to hinder the player's ability to truly recruit the companions they want if it requires 4-5 rejection missions just to get to the one they want. For the quests like Talos that take 10 or so minutes, it's no big deal, but quests like Qyzen and 4x/Pierce that take hours to do are a bit long for a whole chain.

Maybe lower the requirements as a legacy perk once you've completed it once? 1 world boss or 5 trophies for Qyzen and 5 or 10 warzones for 4X/Pierce?
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Anaesha
11.11.2015 , 04:17 PM | #29
Maybe they should make Valor legacy that way you only have to farm the needed valor once.

Fordbird
11.11.2015 , 04:17 PM | #30

-eric
I really feel that you guys should reevaluate the forced pvp for future companions. The players that are complaining about it are definitely not having fun. This is IMO NOT encouraging any of these players to continue to pvp in the future. Many enter the warzone map and find a corner to hide in until the match is over. I don't mind the quests, as I enjoy pvp. If you guys want to see more participation in pvp do something to balance class performance inside wz's. A lot of these players don't do pvp with any regularity, and tossing them into an end game (65) warzone where they can't kill anything because certain classes are over performing, or get killed in 5-7 seconds because certain dps specs are broken can't be fun for them.
TLDR: either exclude pvp from story mode pve progression or balance class performance inside warzones.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.