Refer a friend doesn't work, tickets only get copy-paste response

Selvator

Twice I have used refer a friend link to get 2 of my friends signed up for the old republic.

Twice I have not received anything from this.

The first time I let it go but now that my second friend has joined through my link and yet again me and him don't get any rewards this is starting to get annoying

Both my friends are now subscribers but none of both got any reward for refer a friend and neither did I.

I contacted support about this twice but it has been several days and they have not replied yet.

The first time I contacted them about this I got a standard copy-paste reply about my character tokens being refunded....... nowhere in that ticket did I mention anything about that, they simply ignore and close the ticket.

Since I started playing again my experience with this game has not been smooth, so far most issues are all resolved by waiting for patches or checking the forums, never once have I gotten a reply from customer support about anything what had to do with the problems I am having.

I would also like to note there is an option ingame for live agent chat, I would like to know when does agents are available , I have checked multiple times a day but the option is always unavailable.

Hopefully there are some people that can help me out.

Although I think I need EA for the refer a friend rewards. :(

Did the person you refer subscribe within 14 days of being referred? Simply playing isn't enough to earn you any rewards even though the person you referred gets some benefits for playing free.

Yes in fact he subscribed within 24 hours after using my refer link to create his account

Similar thing happened to me also.

Customer support had me try to make two new accts using link and nothing happened. I was advised to create an ingame ticket if it wasn't fixed in 24hrs... and this thpe of stuff is exactly why I didn't: they don't care that it is inconvenient and they don't care to fix it.

Seems like I am not the only one with problems contacting there support and refer a friend.

Anyone actually been able to contact them by live agent chat?

Or anyone who actually gained there refer a friend rewards?

Edited by Selvator
Typo

Seems like I am not the only one with problems contacting there support and refer a friend.

I have the first speeder reward and received the CC grant every month the other person was subbed.

I contacted them on the 800 number and after a 30 minute wait to try and get me to hang up... I mean on hold... I was told that all the woman could do was offer to open a ticket for me after I had already explained to her I had opened a ticket in game... Sooooo....

Its working to some degree at least. I've had a few referral CC credits come in from new referrels over the past couple weeks, but I can't say if that person got their rewards.

Well at least it's clear I am not the only one having this issue.

Hopefully this raises some heads up from there developers.

I also posted this question on EA HQ and I am going to keep trying to keep reaching them on other means like chat.

If I find a way to get this resolved I will let everyone know.

In the mean time don't hesitate to reply to this thread, I am sure there are many more people would like there rewards they earned.

just a heads up:

I tried contacting them through EA chat, as expected I got a reply that I do really need to contact them by other means.

Which is unfortunately pretty much impossible.

I also created a topic on EA HQ, if everyone with this problem would also post there it would be a tremendous help:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Refer-a-friend-doesn-t-work/m-p/4937566#U4937566

I believe for mine, the friend got the rewards, but I got nothing.. so it's something for him, but not so much for me

The person using your link has to subscribe within 14 days of clicking the referral link in order for the person who provided the link to get any rewards.

He clicked the link again but that didn't work.

All it did was tell him he needed to create a new account.

I also contacted EA, they cannot help me, although if this isn't resolved I can take this problem back to them and they will find a way to help me I was told.

Either that was a lie or they do have some way, in all honesty EA customer support has been very helpful lately and no I am not being sarcastic :p

Problem is they cannot help with anything from this game, which is a shame because it would make contacting support a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable it's been almost a month and they haven't replied to my ticket yet.

I created a new ticket telling them I am running out of patience and guess what, that ticket got an instant reply notifying that it is a duplicate and it get's closed automatically, great....

Unbelievable it's been almost a month and they haven't replied to my ticket yet.

I created a new ticket telling them I am running out of patience and guess what, that ticket got an instant reply notifying that it is a duplicate and it get's closed automatically, great....

Have patience, but don't be surprised if the "Refer a Friend" program is discontinued altogether. The referral tab has already been removed from my account info page, and I suspect that the "big subscriber news" coming today will be info on a loyalty program to replace the referral program.

Have patience, but don't be surprised if the "Refer a Friend" program is discontinued altogether. The referral tab has already been removed from my account info page, and I suspect that the "big subscriber news" coming today will be info on a loyalty program to replace the referral program.

That could be yes. I am watching the stream right now.

However I would still like my refer a friend mount anyway :p

Considering I used refer a friend at a point it's still ingame so I still want my reward ^^