Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forcing us to choose an answer in KotFE because of LS or DS points

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Forcing us to choose an answer in KotFE because of LS or DS points

robertthebard
11.08.2015 , 12:09 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Chim-Lou View Post
Just pick the choice you want, and later, when you made it back to 10000 dark side, the lightside points will be erased anyways. So you will again be at 0/10000.
Once you reach a max alignment, the remaining points of the opposite alignment get erased. At least pre-KotFE.
They still do.

OT: I have the option to see what it is on, and will still choose the one that makes sense for that character at that point. Even when I wasn't sure I could maintain/regain my points on my first toon, that doesn't have Diplomacy. That's what RP is, not metagaming "I have to choose this no matter what in order to keep my alignment". None of my gear is alignment dependant, so that's irrelevant to the decision.

Max_Killjoy
11.08.2015 , 12:16 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
Right, but being that it's a game it shouldn't have an easy button either, if you choose to wield a lightsaber you shouldn't also be able to wield a blaster, at least not with anything close to the same efficiency, we accept that, the same thing is true for our LS/DS choices. So you see Obi-Wan use a blaster to kill Grievous, or you see Han wield a lightsaber to cut open a Tauntaun, do you think every choice the characters make are always in the interest of their LS/DS as well?

The only reason Luke was able to beat Vader's *** in the final lightsaber fight is because he channeled his dark side hate to do it. Then he came to his senses and couldn't deliver the final blow, Vader went against his dark side to then finish off the Emperor.

Even in real life, serial killers occasionally do good things, there is no strictly good/evil in any person. We're a blend of gray.
I wasn't even thinking about the LS/DS thing, which I find mildly silly in the way it's usually handled in most Star Wars stories / material.

InabaSensei
11.08.2015 , 01:47 PM | #43
I can agree that LS/DS awards is a screwy part of the game.

I try to stay in character when I make a choice, although most of the time the character is some reflection of myself.
I often have to go back and speed run Black Talon to keep my enlightenment. its a small price to pay for doing what I want in the story "choices"

Yorioko
11.08.2015 , 01:58 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Chim-Lou View Post
Just pick the choice you want, and later, when you made it back to 10000 dark side, the lightside points will be erased anyways. So you will again be at 0/10000.
Once you reach a max alignment, the remaining points of the opposite alignment get erased. At least pre-KotFE.
This is true.......I noticed something just before Kotfe though..........I was running athis in normal mose With my high Level, I actually wanted the items tht dropped........don't ask why.

I cam to the console where you choose to rescue or leave the People there, miners i think....leaving them gives DS Points, 100 I think.
I was light 10 000 I DID Select this one time the Dark option, and I did not get any more light Points, when I cancked my rating then I was still 10 000.
This however may have been a bug.......but yes the remaining oposite poits are removed once you Reach max tier

Devrius
11.08.2015 , 02:00 PM | #45
... People still care about LS and DS points?

I thought it was common sense to pick *mostly* DS or LS points when building a DS or Ls character, because otherwise your character starts sounding/acting like Stupid/Good or Chaotic/Moron.

I don't let the LS and DS point dictate my choices, it would overwrite my character's, well character...

Hell most of my character I just pick what makes more sense, points be damned.

Djiini
11.08.2015 , 02:02 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post

I thought it was common sense to pick *mostly* DS or LS points when building a DS or Ls character, because otherwise your character starts sounding/acting like Stupid/Good or Chaotic/Moron.

I don't let the LS and DS point dictate my choices, it would overwrite my character's, well character...

A lot of people can't come up with a character concept more complicated than 'pure good,' 'pure evil' or 'just doing what they, the player, would do in that situation'.

Devrius
11.08.2015 , 02:05 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Djiini View Post
A lot of people can't come up with a character concept more complicated than 'pure good,' 'pure evil' or 'just doing what they, the player, would do in that situation'.
For example my Inquisitor I play DS, but if the LS choice is the one that most benefits the empire it's pic that one, even if's it's LS.

That's how I created it, as a "lawful/evil" character, that loves death an mayhem but for the good of the empire.

Nothing would be more boring then picking all LS or DS choices, because it ends up meaning your character is basically on rails and you're not really making any choices...

Max_Killjoy
11.08.2015 , 02:06 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post

Actually, picking all DS ends up with a lot of Chaotic Stupid or Teenager Trying to be Edgey nonsense coming out of your character's mouth.

Yorioko
11.08.2015 , 02:41 PM | #49
I had a character concept in mind, I made my character for a purpose and through the story, both purposely made and simply did what made sense.........all until I tiered one way, then for my I switched again as part of a grander scheme, and now I am 10 000 on the oposite side, but that is me

StarMagus
11.10.2015 , 08:23 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Wanting choices is not the same as wanting no-win, lose-lose choices that make no sense either way.

How many choices in the game are lose lose? I mean seriously, list them. As far as I can tell choices are all...

"Story Something but 0 effect on actual game play"
"Win win either way with one choice giving you a slightly smaller influence with your companion."
"Light/Dark which is basically just story differences but no game play differences."