Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back

smuglerluuh
10.28.2015 , 04:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile View Post
Haven't tested it. But it is probably bugged. Report that to the bug forums (: But don't worry, you can always repeat that mission to get the achievement and the title.
Thanks

lKile
10.29.2015 , 06:01 PM | #22
Today I read someone asking where the Tython Heroic questgiver was, so I went to Tython and look for this guy where He used to be, and He is not. Maybe He has been moved to another place, but probably He has been removed along with all the Heroic questigivers of the beginning planets.

Another thing to claim, people.

However, does anyone know if He has been moved somewhere?

AlrikFassbauer
10.31.2015 , 11:46 AM | #23
Today I read someone asking where the Tython Heroic questgiver was, so I went to Tython and look for this guy where He used to be, and He is not. Maybe He has been moved to another place, but probably He has been removed along with all the Heroic questigivers of the beginning planets.

Another thing to claim, people.
Horrible. Biooware went a step too far with that.

That Tython H2 was quite the peak of the planet's story presented there, the cherry on the top of it all, so to say - and now it is gone.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Elizar_Naki
10.31.2015 , 04:28 PM | #24
As someone who's just coming back to the game after a two-year absence, and who didn't have nearly enough free time to run all the available missions when I played the first time, I have to agree with this. Other MMOs I've played have options that simply let you auto-skip cutscenes that you've already viewed, or to simply bypass certain scenes entirely; the devs should've gone with one of those options instead of simply removing the scenes altogether. Now, because some people were too impatient to even hit spacebar a few times, I (and any new players who came along after this change was implemented) get to miss out on entire sections/wrap-ups to certain stories (side stories or otherwise)? I fail to see how that's fair.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that, for some, seeing the same scenes over and over again can get dull...but this was far from the best solution. This was a dropped ball, pure and simple.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."

DarthPhenex
11.01.2015 , 01:51 PM | #25
I too am severely disappointed by this change. So many heroics dont even make sense anymore, or have had the impact they gave, removed entirely. [Heroic 2] Man with the Steel Voice, on hutta was amazing, and now you cant even talk to the old man from the beginning or the end. Also the removal of orange gear was stupid, heroics always gave us the choice of the orange, or a lock box. why not just have the lock boxes like they are now, and keep the choice of the orange piece too?
"Peace is a Lie, there is only Passion" - Sith Code: line 1

lKile
11.04.2015 , 06:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Horrible. Biooware went a step too far with that.

That Tython H2 was quite the peak of the planet's story presented there, the cherry on the top of it all, so to say - and now it is gone.
REALLY? They removed the questgiver? REALLY?! This is just horrible. Why the hell they...? Removing content is not what I expected from KoTFE. Disappointment is the big word to describe this.

lKile
11.04.2015 , 06:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
As someone who's just coming back to the game after a two-year absence, and who didn't have nearly enough free time to run all the available missions when I played the first time, I have to agree with this. Other MMOs I've played have options that simply let you auto-skip cutscenes that you've already viewed, or to simply bypass certain scenes entirely; the devs should've gone with one of those options instead of simply removing the scenes altogether. Now, because some people were too impatient to even hit spacebar a few times, I (and any new players who came along after this change was implemented) get to miss out on entire sections/wrap-ups to certain stories (side stories or otherwise)? I fail to see how that's fair.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that, for some, seeing the same scenes over and over again can get dull...but this was far from the best solution. This was a dropped ball, pure and simple.
This. I completely agree with you. Let's hope some Dev see this thread and realizes that a change is necessary for the good of all.

lKile
11.04.2015 , 06:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPhenex View Post
I too am severely disappointed by this change. So many heroics dont even make sense anymore, or have had the impact they gave, removed entirely. [Heroic 2] Man with the Steel Voice, on hutta was amazing, and now you cant even talk to the old man from the beginning or the end. Also the removal of orange gear was stupid, heroics always gave us the choice of the orange, or a lock box. why not just have the lock boxes like they are now, and keep the choice of the orange piece too?
Orange gear from homeworlds was amazing. Not quite useful in the rest of the planets, but for the beginning of your adventure was great, and with a cool design. I just don't understand why they made this huge change without warn us. I really hope they change the Heroics and the cutscenes for Heroics and Exploration missions in the future.

Jerba
11.04.2015 , 06:52 AM | #29
I also feel sad that they removed it since now a lot of the atmosphere is gone when doing heroics. But sadly, I don't think they'll change it back now.
For one of the Ord Mantell heroics (where you meet the droid with Gizmel's shipment), there's a new voice-over at the end that I'm pretty sure was recorded specifically for 4.0 since I don't recognize it. If my suspicion is true and they did record new VO for it, they will not go back and put in the original NPCs since getting those new VOs was just too big of an investment.

Anyway, my suggestion for this would be: When you are done with an heroic, you receive the "Speak to ..." task and you actually have to walk to the NPC. However, you will also receive a quest item that auto-completes the quest. That way, players can either immediately complete it or get the final conversation.
The disadvantage would be that this way, players could store up multiple quests and complete them at once without having to go to those planets. This could become a problem when they increase the level cap and don't want players to quickly get to max level. But I doubt that this will ever happen again.

SteveTheCynic
11.04.2015 , 11:03 AM | #30
REALLY? They removed the questgiver? REALLY?! This is just horrible. Why the hell they...? Removing content is not what I expected from KoTFE. Disappointment is the big word to describe this.
They removed Gizmel Gam and Travi Pott from Ord Mantell as well.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.