Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fabsi
12.28.2011 , 01:47 PM | #621
Waiting another week. Just funny. Anyone wants to bet that they didn't fix this problem next week? I'm really pissed.

AllisonBerryman
12.28.2011 , 01:47 PM | #622 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Jedi_Moat
12.28.2011 , 01:52 PM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I volunteer to have my character reset to the point in time the bug happens!! The Quest the Defector!! Send me back!!! Critical data could be found by reseting the character quest
I was born Sith, raised by Jedi.
I am neither Hero nor Villian.
My future is Clouded, but one thing is certain. In this great conflict I control my Destiny

Fabsi
12.28.2011 , 01:53 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
It's nice to hear this the second time today, but can't you give any estimation? I'm mean there a two possibilities. First, the developers have no clue where to find or how to fix this bug, therefore, no one could tell us how long this would take. Second, they know where the bug is and therefore it would be overwhelming to take a clearer estimation than "you have to wait". I mean, i work as a software engineer and it is hard to imagine for me, that nobody at BW have an idea how to fix this problem.

I-DEJ
12.28.2011 , 01:53 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by Timberwinger View Post
lol why change the colour at all? white is perfect
I change the color because I hate looking at white the whole time. If I could, I would assign a color to everyone so that I can keep up with someone's posts based on color alone and to make reading the forums more enjoyable.

Since this is a second post "not on topic" I'll add the following:
Kira is vital to the feel of the Jedi Knight experience. It's not our fault that Bioware has made her a main element in our story and then has a bug that has yet to be repaired (although it has been addressed right above me). It is a story breaking bug that also brings into question how the repair will affect the game. Will all those conversation come in at once? Will I be sitting there for an hour talking to Kira about current events that have in fact passed? Will I even get my past conversation back at all?
Accio lightsaber!

I-DEJ
12.28.2011 , 01:55 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Moat View Post
I volunteer to have my character reset to the point in time the bug happens!! The Quest the Defector!! Send me back!!! Critical data could be found by reseting the character quest
I'm on this boat. Reset my character quest. I'll beat down Kira's bro with my 30's Guardian.
Accio lightsaber!

abelweltall
12.28.2011 , 02:12 PM | #627
so ayone can confirm that the bug was indeed solved with the latest patch???

i mean anyone here did the defector quest AFTER the patch and went with the DS flirt option without having kiras questline bugged as it was happening before???

Vayres
12.28.2011 , 02:12 PM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by I-DEJ View Post
I'm on this boat. Reset my character quest. I'll beat down Kira's bro with my 30's Guardian.
same here, better like this than re-roll or waiting for weeks while they fixing it.

jesslightwalker
12.28.2011 , 02:14 PM | #629
My Knight is 35 and I am gutted that it's also bugged for me. I've been thinking all day about rerolling because I'm missing on a major part (in my opinion) of the story. I thought that maybe skipping all the voice acting because I've already seen it would make it fast...

I don't know what to do

I-DEJ
12.28.2011 , 02:20 PM | #630
Quote: Originally Posted by jesslightwalker View Post
My Knight is 35 and I am gutted that it's also bugged for me. I've been thinking all day about rerolling because I'm missing on a major part (in my opinion) of the story. I thought that maybe skipping all the voice acting because I've already seen it would make it fast...

I don't know what to do
We all feel your pain my friend. I we should make a support group called "I Live with Kira's Bug"

Quote: Originally Posted by Vayres View Post
same here, better like this than re-roll or waiting for weeks while they fixing it.
Weeks if we're lucky. A month more likely. Days would be a miracle And hours would be a universe breaking event.
Accio lightsaber!