Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP should be priority

Jadescythe
11.02.2015 , 03:30 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
I think the issue is that more of the game's population wants to PVP frequently, but the game modes / maps have been without attention for so long that they have gone stale. PVE has had 4 operations, SoR, and KotFE in the time PVP has received 1 warzone. I don't think it is wise for Bioware to abandon PVP; make it their one and only focus? No. But it needs some loving asap.
The thread wants to make PvP a priority, which is not the correct move. I agree that adding some content for PvPers would certainly be helpful, but will never and should never be the priority in this game.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

azudelphi
11.02.2015 , 03:40 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
The thread wants to make PvP a priority, which is not the correct move. I agree that adding some content for PvPers would certainly be helpful, but will never and should never be the priority in this game.
A fair point.

People taking things to the extreme in general is bad for the game.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

DarthOvertone
11.02.2015 , 03:58 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by mortenpro View Post
Ok, I get that TOR is mostly a story-driven game, but hey, you really want to wait whole year just to play 6 hours? Or 1 month to play 30 minutes? I don't think so. PVP should be BioWare's priority, because this is something that players can play forever.
My brother...SWTOR PvP has been in Maintenance Mode for over a year and a half. While you have my full support in your effort, reality is a ***** in this case. BW isn't good at PvP. They created an excellent combat system, but pretty much effed up everything else. And it wasn't like they didn't try. BW gave it their best shot...talked big, and even delivered, on almost everything they promised. The intention was good, but the execution was horrible and almost everything they created for PvP was either half-baked (Ranked) or flat out screwed up (original Ilum).

So they rallied the wagons and figured out what they are good at...Story. And now they are going to do that. More power to them. The PvP in this game is still fun, but it will never be epic. Just roll with it and have what fun you can. Casual PvP is casual...
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Drudenfusz
11.02.2015 , 04:06 PM | #144
I think the PvP is fine, I am glad the new PvP gear is not that much below the PvE gear, so crossing between the two becomes easier. What I think should be a priority is cross-server tech, not just for warzones, but also for starfighter and even for flashpoints would be nice.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Mordresh
11.02.2015 , 04:11 PM | #145
I agree PvP needs some attention. It shouldn't be -THE- priority, but it should be a priority just like other main aspects of the game.
Seven free days of full access + extra goodies for new and returning players:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Kx5NWg

Storm-Cutter
11.02.2015 , 04:20 PM | #146
PvE and RP have been priorities for some time now, well over a year and a bit. While I understand that BW have to chase the money- but as others have said, the infinite variety of PvP is gonna help see people through the long weeks and months between episodes of the story. Just 1 map with a 200 kill team death-match can't be that hard can it?

/signed.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

MeNaCe-NZ
11.02.2015 , 04:29 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Every player I know PvPs, therefor the majority of players PvP...it should be a priority.

Story may have been the focus in 2015, but 2016 should be PvP!!!
No, every player I know does not PVP thus it should not be a priority. I know more players than you thus you are a minority.

MeNaCe-NZ
11.02.2015 , 04:30 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I think the PvP is fine, I am glad the new PvP gear is not that much below the PvE gear, so crossing between the two becomes easier. What I think should be a priority is cross-server tech, not just for warzones, but also for starfighter and even for flashpoints would be nice.
If it's not that much different why bother having it any different at all?

Bolster everyone to same stats - let the battle rage may the most skilled win.

myrdinn
11.02.2015 , 04:56 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
If it's not that much different why bother having it any different at all?

Bolster everyone to same stats - let the battle rage may the most skilled win.
If that ever happens, then the PvP centric crowd better get something epic that requires a lot of PvP to earn.

Jaryk
11.02.2015 , 05:11 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
I think the issue is that more of the game's population wants to PVP frequently, but the game modes / maps have been without attention for so long that they have gone stale. PVE has had 4 operations, SoR, and KotFE in the time PVP has received 1 warzone. I don't think it is wise for Bioware to abandon PVP; make it their one and only focus? No. But it needs some loving asap.
So much this.

A fairly large group of my friends and I started playing the game right out of beta, and most of us were players who enjoyed both PvE and PvP. We would do some of the class stories and flashpoints one day and do PvP the next. Both were important to how long we decided to stick with the game.

I had to take an extended absence because of real life stuff but returned 4-5 months ago. None of my friends play anymore. When I try to get them to come back, often the only thing they ask about is whether PvP has gotten any attention. Because it hasn't, they stay away. And I'm sure they aren't the only ones.

I would like to continue playing the game, but will probably stop for a bit after running a few characters through the current KotFE chapters. I'll resub once the rest have been released to finish up, but if PvP were better (or there was any indication that it wasn't being completely ignored) I would stay subbed throughout.

Making PvP a priority (note, for people who still can't seem to grasp the difference, I didn't say the priority) is not a worthless endeavor. It will bring players like my friends back, and it will keep players like myself here full time.
BLAH BLAH, DON'T CARE.

Referral Link for anyone interested in stuff and things.