It is high time to revamp the character creation appearance options....

LordArtemis

The current models in game prove that you have other models at your disposal. You have the ability to offer orange eyes, different face and hair types, different body types.

It is also time, IMO, to consider adding height as an option.

Finally, would like to see more tattoos, scars, blind in one eye, both eyes, that sort of thing.

Thanks for your time.

The current models in game prove that you have other models at your disposal. You have the ability to offer orange eyes, different face and hair types, different body types.

Finally, would like to see more tattoos, scars, blind in one eye, both eyes, that sort of thing.

Thanks for your time.

Oh don't worry, those will come soon to the cartel store......

Yes, the PCs now do have a somewhat archaic look about them now. Tragically, there are still no good beards or long haircuts for men. It appears all men in the Old Republic era had medium length beards. I get not having long beards, those thing'll go through armour like a wampa through a petting zoo, but where's the Hans Gruber or Big Boss length (and for that matter, style)? The closest we've got is probably this awful thing, which makes the character look like they've tried to eat an entire bowl of Nutella blindfolded and without the use of their hands.

Sorry. Tangent over. Agreed, though.

Even if they do redo models, height is not going to be one of them, nor would more body types. Both would mean they would have to remodel EVERY PIECE OF ARMOR in the game to fit that new body type and height, and yeah, that seems VERY unlikely for them to do, even if they wanted to.

Even if they do redo models, height is not going to be one of them, nor would more body types. Both would mean they would have to remodel EVERY PIECE OF ARMOR in the game to fit that new body type and height, and yeah, that seems VERY unlikely for them to do, even if they wanted to.

Only if there is a stretching problem with the models/textures. Otherwise they will stretch.

>> blind in both eyes

M-make a Miraluka? :confused:

You guys are nuts, my PCs look way cooler than Arcann, Vaylin, Valkorion etc. Lana is the only one who looks particularly great lmao.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sharing of scars/tattoo details. If I've unlocked a Human Warrior at the very least, let me use their tattoo's on other characters. Same with Inquisitor Scar. Bounty Hunter tattoo.

I agree with this post below me, however. They need to open up options, but I don't think we need new textures or anything. Valkorion's face looks like it's molding....

Edited by Djiini

Yes, the PCs now do have a somewhat archaic look about them now. Tragically, there are still no good beards or long haircuts for men. It appears all men in the Old Republic era had medium length beards. I get not having long beards, those thing'll go through armour like a wampa through a petting zoo, but where's the Hans Gruber or Big Boss length (and for that matter, style)? The closest we've got is probably this awful thing, which makes the character look like they've tried to eat an entire bowl of Nutella blindfolded and without the use of their hands.

Sorry. Tangent over. Agreed, though.

I just wanted to show you love for the "Hans Gruber" reference.

"YIPPEE-KI-YAY....mmmmmuddah****ah!"

I want to see them incorporate more hair styles from their other games like they did in this one. Even if I have to pay CC for it.

Also Valkorian's Beard is legit.

I would be for that as well. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they put most of the new options in the market, just as long as they improve the textures.

• 5 weeks later...
More options would be great, but I'm leery about up-dated textures. I think the new npcs look jarringly out of place and hinder my enjoyment of the more cinematographic cut-scenes. I really don' t need to see people's pores :eek:

Fair enough, but I would expect that most folks would likely welcome the changes as opposed to growing attached to the prior look.

I think the current look has been derided for quite some time now.

Only if there is a stretching problem with the models/textures. Otherwise they will stretch.

It is not just texture stretching, animation would also be broken by non-uniform scaling. Human/Bipedal animation does not work well with non-uniform scaling (i.e. scaling only height (Z Axis)), it would look wrong. On top of that, any animations that have two characters interacting becomes a nightmare to get working with variable height.

I suspect though that they could increase the resolution of the Player Character and Companion textures with out it requiring an unreasonable amount of work. Though they would likely also have to do some behind the scenes to make LOD (Level of Detail) handle the new textures and work correctly on machines that do not have the GPU/CPU/Memory resources to support higher res textures.

Making games is very hard work and far far more complicated than most people realize.

People that believe in the Law and like hot dogs should never watch either being made, making games could be added to that list too.

RSR

I'd be happy with non plastic looking hair, and for beards to actually blend with your hair, instead of looking like you just glued a beard onto your face.

Same, I'd be very happy with this for a start. The cartel market long hair (on females) looks horrible, and the black looks greenish. Lana's new hair looks nice - they need to put that texture on all the hair. Then they need to start working on the characters facial stuff - the cut scenes look really strange when my character enters them lol.

Thanks for your time.

They need to do more than add the options you listed. They NEED to separate Zabrak headbone formations from hairstyles. One does not determine the other. it is very stupid and shortsighted to have the hairstyle determine the headbone formation. Pure lazy design in my opinion.

Twi'leks need love too! More skin color options including purple. We have purple Togruta for Christ's sake! Make lekku patterns a separate option and give us not only more designs but color options as well.

More eye coverings for Miraluka would be great.

More tattoo designs for Mirialan.

Remove cyborg entirely and give ALL species cybernetic options. This just makes sense.

More hairstyles that look better and can be used on ALL species, including Cathar.

These are just some of the ideas they should implement.

Ugh, you guys actually like the way the new NPCs look? Ugh, they look unwashed and deformed. I expected Lana to look way better than she originally did, but, meh, I don't see that much of a difference. Still ugly as hell compared to my own female characters.

I much prefer the original "cartoony" look, and I really don't hope they revamp my characters without my permission.