Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

classes

ascensi
12.28.2011 , 09:49 AM | #1
Hello all, I'm on the quest to find my class.... I've played mmos extensively, and I know what I'm looking for, just don't know what it would be here. I'm looking for a class that offers decent mobility and survivability in pvp. It can be melee or ranged, but as ranged it cannot be a standstill. I hate channeleld abilities. Any suggestions on what to try? No healing, but can be a tank or pure dps. Don't care about topping xharta, just being fast paced and not dying every second in pvp and good soloability pve

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.28.2011 , 09:52 AM | #2
Sith warrior/Jedi Knight can be either dps, tank, or a little bit of both (though pulling that off could be a challenge). From my experience with the SW, they do have one or two chanelled abilities, but they shouldn't hinder you're gameplay. I admit I've only played one class, so my point is invalid in some cases

ascensi
12.28.2011 , 11:03 AM | #3
I played a mercenary to 15 but I have to rely on two channeled abilities, then a air channelled ability. While the damage was good, I didn't like it because I had to be stationary. Maybe a juggernaught? Dps spec survivability should st ill be higher than.most because of the armor? What about powertech?

Areoss
12.28.2011 , 11:19 AM | #4
So you want a ranged character, with instant casts that doesnt require to channel... that has high survivability and good damage in PvP and is competitive?

Umm... I may be reading too much into that but... thats not going to happen in any game.

Melee, you may have a chance in finding what you want. Give it a shot.
[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
True PvP Skills

MikeFL
12.28.2011 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ascensi View Post
Hello all, I'm on the quest to find my class.... I've played mmos extensively, and I know what I'm looking for, just don't know what it would be here. I'm looking for a class that offers decent mobility and survivability in pvp. It can be melee or ranged, but as ranged it cannot be a standstill. I hate channeleld abilities. Any suggestions on what to try? No healing, but can be a tank or pure dps. Don't care about topping xharta, just being fast paced and not dying every second in pvp and good soloability pve
Vanguard might fit that description. It can be a tank or DPS spec, has very good mobility and from what I hear good survivability in PvE and PvP. I don't think it has many channeled abilities but I know its a medium range-close range class.

ascensi
12.28.2011 , 01:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Areoss View Post
So you want a ranged character, with instant casts that doesnt require to channel... that has high survivability and good damage in PvP and is competitive?

Umm... I may be reading too much into that but... thats not going to happen in any game.

Melee, you may have a chance in finding what you want. Give it a shot.
Nope, I'm just not a fan of channelled abilities or being stationary. I like being in the fray, I'm not looking for a fotm class either. Just something fun, and my fun lies in being able to run around beating on things and having the mobility to do so while running around.doesn't need to be ranged, can be melee

ascensi
12.28.2011 , 01:31 PM | #7
Sith juggernaught seems like it might fit my role . Charge, mobility, etc... But I keep reading everywhere about them being horrible tank class and more horrible dps.