Nico Okarr's Duster is trash

Severith

I've found the gear they show in trailers is often nowhere near as cool as the version that is actually in the game. I accept that.

I'm not sure what more people really wanted it to be. It's a duster. There's a template for what a duster is and what it looks like. Perhaps a split back, for riding mounts. Or something like that, to make it different from all the other dusters? But trash? Naw. Just not any wow factor to it. I accept that. ;)

It's an average looking duster but I found a combination of gear that I like to go with it and the color works for me too.

Nico Duster on Andronikos Revel with Tund Sorcerer headgear and Raider's Cove Force Lord everything else. A very pirate-y look that suits Andronikos to a T. :cool:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/Mystyrys/SWTOR/Screenshot_2015-10-27_11_09_04_505614.jpg~original

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/Mystyrys/SWTOR/Screenshot_2015-10-27_11_12_04_702092.jpg~original

This forum is really kind of toxic. I don't get why people are chewing out someone for being a little bummed with what we got.

I like the blasters and the speeder is awesome, but I do agree the duster left much to be desired.

You don't have to be rude to people because they expected it to look a little more like this.

For goodness' sake, people, it isn't even the same color.

Edited by Brodoin

EA. Worst company in America, 2 years in a row. Good luck on getting a third win this time around.

That poll is ridicoulous. Some companies steal water and sell it back to the native people. Some cause huge economic or ecological damage to the world. But EA wins because their digital perk jacket isn't shiny enough.

That poll is ridicoulous. Some companies steal water and sell it back to the native people. Some cause huge economic or ecological damage to the world. But EA wins because their digital perk jacket isn't shiny enough.

Gamers are the most whiney, narcissistic, entitled, self-important people on the planet. Having gamers for customers is one of the reasons I'm no longer a developer in the games industry.

I don't do twitter, but thanks for the link.

Literally everyone in that twitter chat who made a comment on the quality of that coat, said that it looked terrible, was a disappointment, didn't look like Okarr's duster, etc. Lots of comments about how lazy EA is. The picture is just sad, like they knew how bad it was. You see way more detail on HK in the foreground. Some people in the chat even begged for @SWTOR to fix it. (And it wasn't.)

No one on fleet on my server is wearing it, except temporarily as a bad fashion joke.

I don't use twitter either. In fact I think it's incredibly stupid that it's the main channel Bioware uses to keep us informed of things. You'd think the game's official site would be the place to go for official news. Unfortunately this is the state of things though.

My point was (or was supposed to be at least) that how Nico's coat would turn out hardly needs to come as a shock and Bioware did give enough of a headsup for people to "opt out" of subscribing for it. Also complaining about it now is not likely to have much of an effect; you did see yourself that there were no lack of complaints when they showed the first screenshots and they've had plenty of time to change it since then. But they have not. You're entitled to disapprove of the whole thing of course, but yeah, it's kind of pointless.

I still think it's a decent coat. It doesn't have the stupid stuff on the back the "regular" version does, which has always annoyed the heck out of me. If only it didn't still have that ugly un-dyable chestpiece. It would probably have been better if they had marketed it as something else. "Gunslinger's Trenchcoat". "Outlaw's Duster". I dunno. But again, they did technically "warn" people what it would look like.

Edited by Pscyon

To get the right color, of what more character would wear. I simply brought of the GTN, I think it was a dark brown/light brown (I can't remember the exact color, but it was something like that) dye module. There, I didn't need to pay any CC for that, and now I have a freaking sweet duster, like we see in the cinematic!

That's great that you found a way to make the coat work for you but regardless that duster isn't anything like Nico's duster from the Return cinematic (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Whbl6u4ruMk/T2k5gncxMVI/AAAAAAABC4U/kT4stir8MCE/s1600/522_max.jpg)

That's what I think people are upset about. Not that the duster isn't perfectly usable, but that it's billed as Nico's duster but is in fact a reskin of existing dusters that look nothing like the one from the cinematic. Really the only thing the promo duster has in common with Nico's duster from the cinematic is that it's also a duster (as opposed to say a vest).

I personally didn't mind what they did with the blaster's though since Nico's blasters from the cinematic have been in-game since day one. So I thought it was fine that they created new blasters for the purpose of the promo. But given that they created new blasters, a new speeder (the KOTOR Swoop) why didn't they create a new duster? In that regard I'm disappointed that they didn't even try to make the duster look like Nico's from the cinematic.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar

I'm glad someone said this. People always bring up that poll when they're dissatisfied with EA or any of their associated studios. But honestly, I can't take any poll seriously that puts a game company as worse than Bank of America, and many other companies that have done nefarious things that affect the real world.

Edit: I should add that I'm not overly fond of how the duster looks. Or how Nico himself looks for that matter (he's obviously had a very hard life). But I think it's just my personal taste there, as I've seen several people with him out as their companion lol.

Edited by horrorfaneightys

Get free items that you didn't have to do a single thing for other than pay your usual subscription for.

Complain about the company being the worst in the country.

Never change.

Were you able to obtain the duster without paying real money? No? Then it wasn't free.

Normally I'm not one to complain about subscriber rewards. But this was practically false advertisement.

They didn't have to give you anything. Geez, they try to give us some free stuff and people gripe about it.

I"m not all to pieces about the duster like he is, but please don't go devwife on this. It's just as unnecessary. I'm okay with the tan color, but it wouldn't have killed them to make the chestpiece more distinctive. It really is just a tan version of every other duster out there.

I also didnt like the speeder

I thought the speeder was actually a pretty faithful reproduction of the swoops from KOTOR. Which I'm not saying means you should like it, it's perfectly fine if you don't. But that they actually tried to recreate the swoops from KOTOR is what puzzles me about the duster. It's like they only decided to put effort into some promo items but not all the promo items.

I was gonna put it on Andronikos Revos, but it looks like all of the other coats that already exists.... I've always hated that style, because I wanted a coat that looked like it could be buttoned closed. Instead, it looks like a coat that's too small for the one wearing it. It has a "poor fit" look to it that is crap.

I don't twitter, so I didn't see the image of the crap they advertised as his duster. Here, on the website, the one I saw was with the character with his back to you, so I didn't see that it was that - "the coat is too small, so I can't button it shut" - look.

Nobody MADE you pay for the sub.

Correct, no one made us pay for a sub.

They enticed us to pay by offering some extras in exchange for subscribing on certain dates; they were definitely part of the offer for these subscriptions.

Why shouldn't anyone be disappointed if those items offered in exchange for subs are less than was advertised?

If a bank advertises "get a free toaster when you open an account," complete with pictures of a shiny electric toaster, and you then go into that bank and open the account, only to find out that the "toaster" is a wire grill that can be put over an open flame, are you just going to shrug your shoulders and accept it because after all, you got your bank account, right? And of course, no one made you open an account with that bank, you did it of your own free will. Never mind that you opened that account under the impression that upon doing so, you would be given the pictured item. This is of course ridiculous; regardless of what sort of account features the bank gave you, they still engaged in deceptive advertising to draw you in. The KotFE subscriber rewards are no different; the original offer was misleading as the final product delivered was not representative of the advertisement material. Getting a month's subscription out of the deal does not change the fact that BW failed to deliver on promised items to their customers' satisfaction.