Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nico Okarr's Duster is trash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Nico Okarr's Duster is trash

Gavin_Kelvar
10.27.2015 , 01:45 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
I also didnt like the speeder
I thought the speeder was actually a pretty faithful reproduction of the swoops from KOTOR. Which I'm not saying means you should like it, it's perfectly fine if you don't. But that they actually tried to recreate the swoops from KOTOR is what puzzles me about the duster. It's like they only decided to put effort into some promo items but not all the promo items.
Aodhán Guilhem
Republic Strike Fighter Pilot
Jedi Covenant

TheSeventhJedi
10.27.2015 , 01:46 PM | #42
Mine went straight to the cargo bay, where the rest of the useless crap they give me for "free" sits.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

WorldSmasher
10.27.2015 , 01:58 PM | #43
I was gonna put it on Andronikos Revos, but it looks like all of the other coats that already exists.... I've always hated that style, because I wanted a coat that looked like it could be buttoned closed. Instead, it looks like a coat that's too small for the one wearing it. It has a "poor fit" look to it that is crap.

I don't twitter, so I didn't see the image of the crap they advertised as his duster. Here, on the website, the one I saw was with the character with his back to you, so I didn't see that it was that - "the coat is too small, so I can't button it shut" - look.

Blackbird
10.27.2015 , 02:22 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
Nobody MADE you pay for the sub.
Correct, no one made us pay for a sub.

They enticed us to pay by offering some extras in exchange for subscribing on certain dates; they were definitely part of the offer for these subscriptions.

Why shouldn't anyone be disappointed if those items offered in exchange for subs are less than was advertised?

If a bank advertises "get a free toaster when you open an account," complete with pictures of a shiny electric toaster, and you then go into that bank and open the account, only to find out that the "toaster" is a wire grill that can be put over an open flame, are you just going to shrug your shoulders and accept it because after all, you got your bank account, right? And of course, no one made you open an account with that bank, you did it of your own free will. Never mind that you opened that account under the impression that upon doing so, you would be given the pictured item. This is of course ridiculous; regardless of what sort of account features the bank gave you, they still engaged in deceptive advertising to draw you in. The KotFE subscriber rewards are no different; the original offer was misleading as the final product delivered was not representative of the advertisement material. Getting a month's subscription out of the deal does not change the fact that BW failed to deliver on promised items to their customers' satisfaction.