Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Bioware and Electronic Arts!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Attention Bioware and Electronic Arts!

Evangalion
12.13.2011 , 05:12 PM | #1
I'm sorry if this post offends anyone or if they feel that I am just trolling the forums or even whining to be truthful I'm not. But this is ridiculous, You claimed that pre-ordering gave us gauranteed early access yet I have yet to see any sign of that guarantee. There was no mention to us at the time of pre-order through origin the ea store or anything that you would be handling Early Acess by sending out delayed emails depending on when we made our pre-order purchase! The only news that this was how you were handling things was through the forums and the forums only. I should know i've looked. Hell the game client isn't even available through origin yet I had to download the game through the whole pre-load thing! The point of this whole early access for pre-orders was meant to be just as it states early access! No restrictions or flags on our accounts telling us that we can't log into or play the game. Those of us that pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game paid $85 that is including tax and we have the right to log in and play the game through early access since electronic arts and even bioware took payment at the time of purchase! So do us all a favor allow us the right to log in and enjoy a game that we have fully paid for and have the right to enjoy during the early access period. I can't stress enough how upset I am about all this and how I can't even log into the game client or play because the game client is telling me that i don't have a product activation or product registration key! I've paid my money in full to both you and Electronic arts and now i would like to be able to log in and enjoy something I rightfully paid for!

Darth_DraDeN
12.13.2011 , 05:14 PM | #2
Another one who failed to read. UP TO 5 days early. THats not you will get 5 days. Btw this is day 7 so.... Not really a valid post. I don't agree with the staggered entry it will only casue problems, but they don't HAVE to let everyone in today.

redtimemonkey
12.13.2011 , 05:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
I'm sorry if this post offends anyone or if they feel that I am just trolling the forums or even whining to be truthful I'm not. But this is ridiculous, You claimed that pre-ordering gave us gauranteed early access yet I have to to see any sign of that guarantee. There was no mention to us at the time of pre-order through origin the ea store or anything that you would be handling Early Acess by sending out delayed emails depending on when we made our pre-order purchase! The only news that this was how you were handling things was through the forums and the forums only. I should know i've looked. Hell the game client isn't even available through origin yet I had to download the game through the whole pre-load thing! The point of this whole early access for pre-orders was meant to be just as it states early access! No restrictions or flags on our accounts telling us that we can't log into or play the game. Those of us that pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game paid $85 that is including tax and we have the right to log in and play the game through early access since electronic arts and even bioware took payment at the time of purchase! So do us all a favor allow us the right to log in and enjoy a game that we have fully paid for and have the right to enjoy during the early access period. I can't stress enough how upset I am about all this and how I can't even log into the game client or play because the game client is telling me that i don't have a product activation or product registration key! I've paid my money in full to both you and Electronic arts and now i would like to be able to log in and enjoy something I rightfully paid for!
1. It was mentioned everywhere that you get "up to 5 days" early access. Up to, that isn't the same thing as 5 days. Reading comprehension fail.

2. They started early access 2 days early, using your own failed logic you can't begin to complain until the 5th.

3. The game launches on the 20th, you didn't pay for early access.

You will get in based on your spot on line, as early as tomorrow or as late as the 19th. THEY HAVE SAID THIS SINCE JULY. It's in bold uppercase text on your purchase.

mikevika
12.13.2011 , 05:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by redtimemonkey View Post
1. It was mentioned everywhere that you get "up to 5 days" early access. Up to, that isn't the same thing as 5 days. Reading comprehension fail.

2. They started early access 2 days early, using your own failed logic you can't begin to complain until the 5th.

3. The game launches on the 20th, you didn't pay for early access.

You will get in based on your spot on line, as early as tomorrow or as late as the 19th. THEY HAVE SAID THIS SINCE JULY. It's in bold uppercase text on your purchase.
Who ever wrote this post is an utter moron a first of all when preorder was first announced there was no up to 5 days early access it was guaranteed access to the early start program. Second if you order through the origin store they are charging 5 $ extra for preorder ergo people are paying money to get early access so you see your the moron who can not read go back to school sherlock epic fail

MCNavalArch
12.13.2011 , 05:41 PM | #5
Just because they didn't say "up to" at first when discussing EGA doesn't mean you were promised to get access the first second it opened.

When they later clarified and better formulated to all that it would be "up to 5 days" EGA that applied to ALL people that pre-ordered not just those that had yet to pre-order.

They started EGA 2 days early! Thus no one has any right to expect access until 12/15.

If you chose to purchase your game through a service that charged a $5 convenience fee for pre-ordering it is not that services fault that you did not have all your wishes and desires granted. You should have been an informed consumer and found the best deal. You could now be like me pre-ordered for $5 bucks towards the final purchase cost and waiting for my eary game access which will pretty damn cool because it is free!

NeoKryol
12.13.2011 , 05:42 PM | #6
Before proclaiming "your" rights and entitlements to a digital piece of software that is in no way, under any circumstance "owned" by you, please read the Terms of Service and the EULA that you agreed to prior to creating your account and installing the game client. Now after you have done so, sit back and wait in line like the rest of us have been doing for several years now.

Also, Origin, while run by EA who currently owns Bioware for legal reasons only, does not have to provide any information regarding the terms of use, advertisement legalities, and/or purchasing agreements related to a product not directly created by them ("them" being EA who in this case is strictly just a publishing company for Bioware). If you intentionally purchased a product and "assumed" all details involving that purchase would be available to you on the one little slide you were shown before you blindly placed your order, without checking the developing companies website for further information regarding your purchase, then shame on you and your ignorance. Do not put blame on anyone else but yourself, regardless of anything that may or may not have been said by any person outside of Bioware.

As for the Early Game Access, Bioware stated at the announcement of the EGA program that pre-order players will have access to the game "up to 5 days" early. "Up to" means that the maximum amount of time a pre-order player that has been given access to the game early can be anywhere from 1 second to 5 full days before the official public release of the game. They also stated very plainly that more info regarding this program will be released at a later time. If you purchased a pre-order of the game before this "more info" was released, again, shame on you and you only, because part of that "more info" that was released later on explained how the activation of the pre-order EGA program was going to work.

P.S. If the legal jargon of the EULA causes some people to blink rapidly and question their place in the universe, here is a little summation of exactly what you have "paid" for in regards to a piece of software:

The only "rights" you have to a piece of software are those given to you by the developing company. Mostly, you are "not" the owner of that piece of software under any means at all, you have only been given the "right"/access to USE that piece of software for as long as the developer allows you to use it. They (the developer) maintain all rights and control over the software that you purchased the rights to use and at any time, for any legitimate reason revoke your access to that software (legitimate meaning that some form of company issue or user issue has occurred that allows them to legally sever your connection to that software)

May the Force be with you!

Kesselschmiede
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #7
I really hope all these nerd raging failures quit and don't play. It will be such a better game without them.

JAFOBRIA
12.13.2011 , 05:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
I'm sorry if this post offends anyone or if they feel that I am just trolling the forums or even whining to be truthful I'm not. But this is ridiculous, You claimed that pre-ordering gave us gauranteed early access yet I have yet to see any sign of that guarantee. There was no mention to us at the time of pre-order through origin the ea store or anything that you would be handling Early Acess by sending out delayed emails depending on when we made our pre-order purchase! The only news that this was how you were handling things was through the forums and the forums only. I should know i've looked. Hell the game client isn't even available through origin yet I had to download the game through the whole pre-load thing! The point of this whole early access for pre-orders was meant to be just as it states early access! No restrictions or flags on our accounts telling us that we can't log into or play the game. Those of us that pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game paid $85 that is including tax and we have the right to log in and play the game through early access since electronic arts and even bioware took payment at the time of purchase! So do us all a favor allow us the right to log in and enjoy a game that we have fully paid for and have the right to enjoy during the early access period. I can't stress enough how upset I am about all this and how I can't even log into the game client or play because the game client is telling me that i don't have a product activation or product registration key! I've paid my money in full to both you and Electronic arts and now i would like to be able to log in and enjoy something I rightfully paid for!
As others have said it was Said "MAYBE UP TO!" lesson Learned on this. Always read the Ad and Contract before ya Buy. And You will get in Within the terms. Even if its 1 min before they Shutdown for the public launch.

Evangalion
12.13.2011 , 08:41 PM | #9
lega jargon or not miss i like to think she knows everything i do own the rights to a digital purchase it is mine lock, stock and barrel. I paid the 85 dollars for the thing therefore i own said digital purchase. don't get all friggen technical on me my view on this issue has not and will not change flame all you flippen want to I have a right to say what i want with or without your friggen approval! if i want to raise hell on this then by damn i will thats all there is to it! like it or lump it as I like to say.

Paralassa
12.13.2011 , 08:45 PM | #10
Hi there!

While we understand your frustrations, the Customer Service forum is for those having issues with their accounts or accessing the game. There is, however, an active discussion topic for early game access/waves:

Final Wave Sent!

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!