Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fastest Way to Max Influence on Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Fastest Way to Max Influence on Companions

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.25.2015 , 05:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Since 4.0? 'cause before 4.0, yeah, you'd lose Affection if they disagreed, but now you still get at least 50 Influence when they disagree; it should be impossible to lose Influence now.
Ok, but that means you would STILL have to choose what they like to increase the influence enough to max it out....now if you got the same influence regardless of your choices, then it would be cool, but if you got 50 for a disagree and 100-200 per agree, i wonder which one players are gonna pick?......lol

Well, i was able to get 6000-6999 influence from doing Black Talon....so if you can stomach doing Black Talon over and over and over again, you can max the first companion pretty quick, but i doubt black talon conversations will include the other companions, unless they changed that with 4.0.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
10.25.2015 , 07:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Ok, but that means you would STILL have to choose what they like to increase the influence enough to max it out....now if you got the same influence regardless of your choices, then it would be cool, but if you got 50 for a disagree and 100-200 per agree, i wonder which one players are gonna pick?......lol
I get what you're saying, but is this difference so important to you that you feel forced to "meta game" the system?

What with all companions being able to do all roles, you have the option of picking a companion that you enjoy. In terms of character and in terms of dialog.

If you have a companion you're in disagreement with over conversation choices, I would at least hope that you otherwise enjoy having that companion out. And if not, wouldn't you be better served by picking a companion that is more compatible with the way to you want to play your main character?

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
10.25.2015 , 08:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If you have a companion you're in disagreement with over conversation choices, I would at least hope that you otherwise enjoy having that companion out. And if not, wouldn't you be better served by picking a companion that is more compatible with the way to you want to play your main character?
So tl;dr: For the companions who agree with you, there are conversation bonuses. For all the others, there's MasterCard.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
10.25.2015 , 10:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
So tl;dr: For the companions who agree with you, there are conversation bonuses. For all the others, there's MasterCard.
I heard Billy Crudup's voice in my head when I read your post.

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.26.2015 , 02:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
So tl;dr: For the companions who agree with you, there are conversation bonuses. For all the others, there's MasterCard.
Well, considering how much you will need to spend to get the gifts to max it out, it would cost way, WAY over 5mil credits.

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.26.2015 , 02:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I get what you're saying, but is this difference so important to you that you feel forced to "meta game" the system?

What with all companions being able to do all roles, you have the option of picking a companion that you enjoy. In terms of character and in terms of dialog.

If you have a companion you're in disagreement with over conversation choices, I would at least hope that you otherwise enjoy having that companion out. And if not, wouldn't you be better served by picking a companion that is more compatible with the way to you want to play your main character?
25% chance to crit on missions, 75% more faster mission duration? its a no brainer...

Ancaglon's Avatar


Ancaglon
10.26.2015 , 07:15 AM | #17
You can also buy rank 6 companion gifts for 30 Common Data Crystals, or you can buy the Alliance Supplies for 50 and get a companion gift and a piece of legacy gear and a chance at some other stuff too.

Also, each old Treasure Hunting companion gift fragments buys one rank 5 gift of the same rarity -- what a bargain!

eartharioch's Avatar


eartharioch
10.26.2015 , 09:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well, considering how much you will need to spend to get the gifts to max it out, it would cost way, WAY over 5mil credits.
IMO, the time spent feeding the gifts is worse than the other costs.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
10.26.2015 , 09:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
25% chance to crit on missions, 75% more faster mission duration? its a no brainer...
Yeah, but why do this on a companion that doesn't fit your playstyle?

You were complaining about comps disagreeing with your decisions getting low influence, so having to meta-game the system to pick the "better" choices.

Doing this with a companion you disagree with seems like a waste of time.

theSCARAYone's Avatar


theSCARAYone
10.26.2015 , 09:29 AM | #20
The "fastest" way is via grade 6 companion gifts. I used basic comms from multiple characters to buy grade 6 gifts from the vendor on odessen. It takes about a stack and a half of rank 6 gifts to get a companion from rank 10 to rank 50, costing about 4500 basic comms. NOTE: THIS IS WITH THE LEGACY PERK THAT INCREASES GIFT INFLUENCE GRANT
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)