Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back

lKile
10.24.2015 , 10:23 AM | #1
As the title says. I've just done "Darkness on Ilum", and I fell like I needed to return the quest, and see the cinematic for it. It's nice for people who want to level up fast and enjoy the main content of the game, but I'm a Star Wars lover, and I enjoy watching the cutscenes. So the easiest way to make everyone happy is MAKE IT OPTIONAL. If you want to watch the cutscene, do it, and if you want to return the quest as fast as possible, do it.

We have to make some noise and sign for this, hopefully we catch some attention from the devs!

lKile
10.25.2015 , 04:18 AM | #2
As far as I've tested, Dailies are being affected too, there is no more returning quest cutscene. Again, BioWare, please, make it OPTIONAL. Cutting content is not what players like, really.

Zylaro
10.25.2015 , 04:36 AM | #3
You might have made your title I want, please don't speak for all of us.

I can't speak for others but I am loving not having to sit through cut scenes on heroics and having them auto complete, as well as the instant transport to the heroic makes them quick and fun to do. No more searching for the entrance or the quest giver. Its an improvement for me.

lKile
10.25.2015 , 05:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zylaro View Post
You might have made your title I want, please don't speak for all of us.

I can't speak for others but I am loving not having to sit through cut scenes on heroics and having them auto complete, as well as the instant transport to the heroic makes them quick and fun to do. No more searching for the entrance or the quest giver. Its an improvement for me.
Yeah, I understand that, of course I am. For that reason I'm saying to make it optional. If you pay close attention to what I wrote, I obviously don't speak for everyone, just for people like me who love the cutscenes. Making this feature optional would make everyone happy. (:

AlrikFassbauer
10.25.2015 , 11:42 AM | #5
My assumption is that you don't get the cutscenes when you take the quests from the mission box - but that you get them if you travel to the quest giver directly.
I haven't tested the second part out yet, though.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Golden_Archer
10.25.2015 , 12:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
My assumption is that you don't get the cutscenes when you take the quests from the mission box - but that you get them if you travel to the quest giver directly.
I haven't tested the second part out yet, though.
You can obtain the quest directly from questgiver, but unfortunatly, there's no ending cutscene for any of em. Once the quest is completed, reward is given.

And ye, I'd like that to be optional too. Like, if ye take heroic quests from terminal, then you can teleport and finish it right there. But if you go to talk to quest giver, then you recieve actuall quest, with all cutscenes etc.
I've started new playthourgh yesterday, and I'd like to play all of em quests as they were originally created. Without shortcuts.
Arch'y. Powertech for live.
Server: The Red Eclipse.

DarthVitrial
10.25.2015 , 02:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lKile View Post
As far as I've tested, Dailies are being affected too, there is no more returning quest cutscene. Again, BioWare, please, make it OPTIONAL. Cutting content is not what players like, really.
Signed. They gave us a way to teleport to the quest, why on earth did they not just let us teleport back to th quest giver afterwards?
Pythirr Falton of the Harbinger.
Shadow of Revan Beta Tester
Become my Referral via this link
to get a Preferred Friends Bundle and 7 days added to your subscription (I will get Cartel Coins).
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I support blindly your salmon.

AlrikFassbauer
10.25.2015 , 03:07 PM | #8
Now that's bad ! I want my cutscenes back !

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
Signed. They gave us a way to teleport to the quest, why on earth did they not just let us teleport back to th quest giver afterwards?
Like for Bounty Contract ? There is a pass for a flight to the Fleet, at least ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

ShadzMGamez
10.25.2015 , 03:13 PM | #9
If you pick up the quest from the original quest giver, the cutscene still occurs. If you pick it up from the Heroic Mission Console, it skips it and drops you off at the entrance of the heroic.
I think this is fine, as people who typically want to do the heroics for loot will use the console.

lKile
10.25.2015 , 05:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadzMGamez View Post
If you pick up the quest from the original quest giver, the cutscene still occurs. If you pick it up from the Heroic Mission Console, it skips it and drops you off at the entrance of the heroic.
I think this is fine, as people who typically want to do the heroics for loot will use the console.
We are talking about the "return quest" cutscene. If you pick up the quest from the questgiver, when you complete all the objectives you get the rewards instantly, the same as if you take the quest from the terminal. No return quest in both cases.
And this happens with the Exploration Missions also.

And I repeat: I understand players who are bored of doing dailies and seeing the cutscenes again and again, but there are new players that haven't seen the cutscenes, and even players like me that love to watch them! For that reason, the best way to make everyone happy is to make it OPTIONAL for everyone.