Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Maul and Vader

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question about Maul and Vader

ScheurK
12.28.2011 , 12:11 PM | #1
Well we know that Maul got resurrected, though his body was cut in half.
Why didn't Sidious learn this ritual in order to restore Vader to his former more powerful self?

CoruscantSunset
12.28.2011 , 12:50 PM | #2
I haven't read a lot of the books about the prequels...what book is it where Maul is resurrected?

TRONmangus
12.28.2011 , 01:31 PM | #3
bump for intrigue!

i didnt know that happened. i always they should of kept Maul around for more movies and would of created a cooler arcing bad guy.
ITS A TRAP!

ScheurK
12.28.2011 , 01:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CoruscantSunset View Post
I haven't read a lot of the books about the prequels...what book is it where Maul is resurrected?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

here

Malganith
12.28.2011 , 02:34 PM | #5
Your source refers to Maul as a clone or copy.

Chaoscorp
12.28.2011 , 02:40 PM | #6
I got his from Darth Mauls biography on wookiepedia

"Later, Maul was sent to Naboo, where he fought Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though he killed the Jedi Master, Maul underestimated Kenobiís skill and was severed at the waist by the Padawan. Sidious would quickly replace Maul with a more powerful apprentice: the late Qui-Gon Jinn's fallen former Master Dooku, dubbed as Darth Tyranus.

Surviving his defeat on Naboo, Maul returned to prominence during the Clone Wars, during which he was sought out by his brother, Savage Opress, for training in the dark side."

Now reading this i found these lines funny together:

1. Maul underestimated Kenobiís skill and was severed at the waist by the Padawan.
2. Surviving his defeat on Naboo, Maul returned to prominence during the Clone Wars,

Severed at the waist then survived? lol thats some mad dark side powers.. I think the Sith just sold me... im in!

Malganith
12.28.2011 , 02:40 PM | #7
Weird double post sorry.

Chaoscorp
12.28.2011 , 02:52 PM | #8
Im assuming you ment the other guys source cuz mine is of the original Darth Maul, later in the bio it mentions the clone fought by Darth Vader

Durt
12.28.2011 , 03:42 PM | #9
Consider what state Maul's body was in. In half, yes, but not roasted inside and out. The parts were perfectly intact.

Vader was ruined.
OCENALE ASE
Jedi Guardian
Death Wind Corridor

Chaoscorp
12.28.2011 , 03:49 PM | #10
I just found it funny that they didn't say "Mauls body was found by so-and-so and brought back to "this place" and was put back together with cyborg enhancements blah blah" all it says is basically "Maul was sliced in half, he was perfectly ok and continued his mission" lol