Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 12:01 PM | #1
From what i've seen so far, bosses enrage at about 50% hp, at which point they become untankable, can anyone actually compete them?

Exertim
12.28.2011 , 12:03 PM | #2
Get better DPS. Not much else to say. Our static group only ran into an enrage on the last boss of Esseles so far at around 2% once, and we've been clearing all of them on an almost daily basis.

Mobiwang
12.28.2011 , 12:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
From what i've seen so far, bosses enrage at about 50% hp, at which point they become untankable, can anyone actually compete them?
Yep, better dps. We had last boss of BT at 10% before she enraged, but our tank popped all his CDs and we downed her. Some of the fights are somewhat prohibitive on DPS requirements, but are mostly doable. If you're jumping into hard modes right at 50 while wearing level 40 greens, you're going to have a problem. Run BoI/FE a couple of times to gear up, get some craftables, and go back later.

Mythicrose
12.28.2011 , 12:26 PM | #4
All bosses I've seen have a hard enrage after X amount of time. If your group isn't close to downing the hard mode bosses, do as the other posters suggest and get better gear from the level 50 regular dungeons. You could also run a lot of battlegrounds to get mercenary commedations and warzone commedations to buy champion bags. These bags give you a small chance at epic loot or award you with champion commedations you can purchase equipment with.

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
Yep, better dps. We had last boss of BT at 10% before she enraged, but our tank popped all his CDs and we downed her. Some of the fights are somewhat prohibitive on DPS requirements, but are mostly doable. If you're jumping into hard modes right at 50 while wearing level 40 greens, you're going to have a problem. Run BoI/FE a couple of times to gear up, get some craftables, and go back later.
I'm wearing practically a full set of champion pvp gear.

Mobiwang
12.28.2011 , 12:34 PM | #6
Learn a better rotation? Or scold your other dps for looking at pr0n instead of attacking. In either case, it's a severe lack of DPS if you're hitting enrage at 50%.

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 12:39 PM | #7
What about bosses like the padawan boss in black talon? It sucks everyone in and forces you to run out of it, if you waste time doing that, how do you dps it down fast enough?

SinisterWarlock
12.28.2011 , 12:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
Learn a better rotation? Or scold your other dps for looking at pr0n instead of attacking. In either case, it's a severe lack of DPS if you're hitting enrage at 50%.
I'm the healer.

Gozinya
12.28.2011 , 12:43 PM | #9
I'm wearing practically a full set of champion pvp gear.
Is your party also decked out in PvP gear? That would be a huge problem. I would imagine you have stats that are useless help against hardmode bosses.
Sith Wyrm Server
Cognus - Sith Sorcerer - Madness
Millennial - Sith Marauder - Annihilation
Gozinya - BH/Merc - Bodyguard

IMABUNNEH
12.28.2011 , 12:49 PM | #10
I'm the healer.
So the DPS in your raid suck then.
<FUSE>