Maintenance: 22 October 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a dime for every time someone posts this nonsense. Get. Over. It. Bioware is EA now, and EA is an AMERICAN company.

Though I won't deny, it is enjoyable reading these angsty posts from time to time.

Actually the nonsense comes from you with your answer ;)

The "nationality" of a company has nothing to do with the localized information provided with the product/service they sell/provide directly at different world locations.

EA is directly promoting and selling SWTOR product/service in Europe, hosts dedicated European servers, and is paid directly in Euros by European customers.

There are even French and German sections of the SWTOR website and forums where maintenance times are announced using Central European (Summer) Time.

The English section acts as the international section, and the official announcement on the forum used to detail time for different main timezones before.

I don't know why it's not always the case. With all the time converter existing around, it's easy to provide few more regional times.

It would only take the one (or few) person responsable for the official announcement to do so, instead of forcing each and every customer that do not live in US to have to do the conversion.

PS: Now the OP has been modified and contains BST time. At least it is reactive :p

Edited by Elysith

The patchnotes seem rather underwhelming. I have a nasty feeling they'll be doing 4.0b/c/d/e/f each day from now till the 27th, when the expansion "officially" launches.

As I tell everyone.... Pay for early access means paying for beta testing...

With EA this is doubly true because they have a nasty habit of not listening to all of the testers. Or having people test that have no business doing so as they are only there to gain an advantage...

As I tell everyone.... Pay for early access means paying for beta testing...

With EA this is doubly true because they have a nasty habit of not listening to all of the testers. Or having people test that have no business doing so as they are only there to gain an advantage...

The only reason this patch was deployed was so they can make money off of the free level 60 purchases. There were hardly if any bugs in KOTFE, I played through it twice so far.

Sad to lose my local primetime playtime to the patch (9PM -1AM) but I understand it is based on USA time.

Planet level synch seems fairly generous. I was trying to get conquest points so grabbed every heroic on Nar Shaddar. My L55 Sith Warrior was surprised to see that after the patch all her gear had dropped to L44 so I assumed that I was going to get my butt handed to me. However while it was slow at times I cleared all the heroics with only 2 deaths and one was a stupid fall that was my fault. In doing so after each one I got a box that contained 2 pieces of Yavin blue gear that was MUCH better than what I had as well as lots of loot and a HUGE pile of XPS. Just doing these, the Koriban Heroics and a little PvP I gained 5 levels so now I am L60 and ready for KOTFE.

Where is that exactly? Can't find it.

After you finish chapter 9.

It's located west of the War Room at /loc -485,89 next to the Commanders Data Pad. It does not give an indicator when you mouse over it, but if you right click on it you'll get a message that says something like 'You already have all the companions that this device can locate'.

The only reason this patch was deployed was so they can make money off of the free level 60 purchases. There were hardly if any bugs in KOTFE, I played through it twice so far.

Let's see...

Missing Sage/Shadow animations during the story (only 2 I managed to get thru story so far)

Level 13 players in the new areas

Companion finder terminal broken

Companions required for quests uncallable

Unable to customize companions

Gear drops not correct for shadow in flashpoints (I've run over 20 now and all that drops is tank garbage)

Dead mobs stuck in floors and unable to be looted

Mobs falling thru floors while fighting them, unable to kill them

Mobs auto evading/LOSing in new flashpoint

Soa/Gharj fight invisible floors in EV fights

I got more, I can continue.....

[EDIT] Just for good measure

Rewards not given out as they were supposed to

People locked out of access that should have had it

Edited by Psychopyro

I hope it's to fix the things they promised but didn't deliver. I subbed mid July through to present which covers all the required dates and got none of the rewards, not even early play. How cheesed off am I :mad::mad:

Ste

This happened to me and I called up the customer service number, they checked the dates and within a few hours I had my rewards and early access.

So, about this patch... if the patch notes are true, then dear BW, you know how you could have avoided this patch easily?

By properly testing 4.0 in advance and not let us paying customers do the beta testing for you.

For example, how could you not notice that C2-N2 is missing? Because no one looked at it.

I found so many bugs already. I have a lot of conversation subtitles missing, Koth is not opening his mouth when talking and that's just two minor things. Treek is a broken droid and the droid was gone. Took me about 3 minutes to find out this bug. Lana denies scavenging. Fallen enemies with loot often deny me to grab it. A fight not stopping, although there is nothing to fight anymore and not even a restart helps. And so on. But well, I will not report any of these bugs. That's not what I pay you for, BW.

I am disappointed but not surprised that there are so many bugs in 4.0.

fingers crossed for new compaion gear slots for cosmetic gear

This.

Also read that people are saying that if you have both of the ship droids it's an exploit! I though we could recruit both as I was told you would be able to recruit from the other companions not just from your class. If the second droid is removed have no prob with that but should not be considered an exploit.

The 4.0 patch notes missed a bunch of things they changed (intentionally or not) too, so who knows any more.

We'll know in ~2 hours. At least they mentioned the Pub-side mirror instead of just writing up the Imp side and doing lazy copy/search/replace this time.

I am amazed that all the people that have issues with time zones. I didn't think people without a 3rd grade education could play SWTOR successfully. :p

For those in the US, the servers will be up at:

10am Eastern

9am Central

8am Mountain

7am Pacific

US time zone conversion is easy. Pacific is your pinky, Mountain is your ring finger, Central is the middle, and Eastern the index. Spot the number onto the appropriate finger, and then count up or down as necessary.