Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Pre-made raid groups and fully equip ships, actually harm GSF and PvP matches.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Why Pre-made raid groups and fully equip ships, actually harm GSF and PvP matches.

ShallowHal
10.21.2015 , 02:09 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
Get 2 people in a room, and you will get 3 differing opinions.

Consensus is BS. This boils down to one person telling another what to do. And I want no part of that when the area of debate is fundamentally personal entertainment.
That seems like an obvious point, but people seem to be going out of their way to pretend that it isn't.
Referral code for returning subscribers or brand new accts
http://www.swtor.com/r/6xq5Vn

ShallowHal
10.21.2015 , 02:14 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
Who said anything about enforcing? Leaders lead, followers follow.
Well said. And there are a lot of leaders on both sides.

My larger point (not that certain people care to actually take the time to comprehend it) is this. Events like Solo Queue and Stock Saturdays are a heck of a lot of fun. Much more fun than a game full of mastered ships vs unmastered ships. And I think that a lot of other people find it fun too. I get the impression that for some people, it's just another way for them to say "I'm still better than the rest of you", which to me utterly goes against the point of the events in the first place, unless that was the point all along. But regardless of what the point is, I and a lot of other people are having a lot of fun in those events. I would like to see more of them. I think they're good for the community, I think they're good for creating an inviting space for new players to try out the game, and frankly, they're just more fun. And anything that creates more fun is inherently good as far as I'm concerned.
Referral code for returning subscribers or brand new accts
http://www.swtor.com/r/6xq5Vn

Greezt
10.21.2015 , 11:43 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by ShallowHal View Post
By the way, I incorporate your philosophy in a match yesterday. Since nobody can stop anybody from enjoying the game how they want, I enjoyed the game by making a special effort to kill your ship as many times as possible in a game where we clearly had the better team. I know you didn't mind it because nobody should tell me that that's not a valid way to enjoy the game.

Hopefully you enjoyed all the other activities you engaged in yesterday. All people should seek as much happiness as they can find.
Hah. Well, I can't speak for nyghtrunner, but you're making a "logical connection" without any logic. Unless I missed some crucial post here, I don't think he ever said that new pilots don't mind being stomped because nobody can tell the vets that's not a valid way to play.

Also, if you really did enjoy yourself, congratulations. If you believe that targeting people like him will solve the GSF problems mentioned here, go on. Please post the results on the forums.