Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Disney indirectly make SWTOR cannon? CLONE WARS/DARTH BANE TRILIOGY SPOILERS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Did Disney indirectly make SWTOR cannon? CLONE WARS/DARTH BANE TRILIOGY SPOILERS

BrianDavion
10.07.2015 , 03:30 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefertuss View Post
Makes a helluvalot more sense than rebuilding the order on Yavin 4. Seriously, I'm shellshocked the vaunted 'Master' Skywalker couldn't sense the dark side just oozing from those ruins like an omnipresent, all-encompassing black fog

I like how "I, Jedi" basicly has an entire chapter where you can basicly hear Mike Stackpole "WTFing" the entire Jedi Academy trilogy
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

cool-dude
10.07.2015 , 04:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
There's a perfectly logical reason. The longer they wait the more they lose money.
the development team could also just of been given a break for the holidays. Game developers work a ridiculous amount of hours. They do get breaks from time to time.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Miza_Radioaktiv
10.20.2015 , 11:10 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Actually, the LucasFILM Story Group consulted on the script for KotFE. Disney has taken a sudden interest in SWTOR in the past 6 months. There are going to be tie-ins between this game and The Force Awakens when it hits theaters in December. At that point, I believe this game(and its story) becomes canonized. I predict a large swell of new players to this game once the movie comes out because of the connections that we will see.

Spoiler
This. My friends and I have been talking about this. When Disney takes an interest in something it means something big is about to happen. Our guess is that SWTOR (or at least parts of it) are going to be part of the new canon.
- Adevari Legacy - Ebon Hawk -
Mael'rii : Marauder [55] || Rai'kedo : Sorcerer [30]
Serru'mauw'kigu : Operative [16] || Usajo : Mercenary [28]
Omnidia : Guardian [24]

t-darko
10.21.2015 , 10:13 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Miza_Radioaktiv View Post
This. My friends and I have been talking about this. When Disney takes an interest in something it means something big is about to happen. Our guess is that SWTOR (or at least parts of it) are going to be part of the new canon.
Tarkin novel mentions "A Dark Ages" of which the Republic is sprung . . . just saying

joneseric
10.21.2015 , 10:41 AM | #35
Well since Disney owns both properties, and both have the same consumer base. It seems like cross-promotion would be very likely. Easter Eggs in the movie could generate subs which makes their IP go up in value.