Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armortech] "Adaptive" Armor not Adaptive at all?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armortech] "Adaptive" Armor not Adaptive at all?

Xintross
10.21.2015 , 06:00 AM | #1
Am I missing something or are the new crafted, "Adaptive" armors not at all adaptive... I was under the assumption that adaptive meant that I could swap out the armoring, mod and enhancement. Currently, the armor that I'm making that's all listed as "Adaptive" only allows me to mod the dye and augment.

Kagekeishu
10.21.2015 , 06:34 AM | #2
Hi...

*Adaptive* does not mean that you can put in and/or remove mods etc. (that would be modifiable armor)..! It means only that the armor can be worn by anyone - e.g. someone who is only able to wear *Heavy-Armor* could also wear any *Adaptive-Amror*... The armor is *adapting* itself to the Char/Companion...

Best regards
Kage

SteveTheCynic
10.21.2015 , 08:01 AM | #3
Whoa! Now that's going to confuse everyone!

In the beginning there was Orange ("Custom") gear which was moddable. And some purples were moddable, and a very few greens and blues had one slot. And romantic female smugglers had a fully-moddable green pistol.

Then the CM arrived, and they introduced "adaptive" armour, where the effective weight adapts, as mentioned above. All the adaptive armour was also orange/custom/moddable.

And people started using "adaptive" to mean "moddable".

Now there is adaptive (weight-changing) armour that is *not* "custom"/moddable.

That's going to confuse things. I think, in fact, that it already has...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

psandak
10.21.2015 , 08:20 AM | #4
What's silly about this issue, is that adaptive and moddable have NEVER been the same thing. There's TONS of non-adaptive yet fully moddable gear out there. The only change is that now there is non-moddable adaptive gear available.

edit: what also just dawned on me is that the term "moddable" is something that the playerbase coined.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

SteveTheCynic
10.21.2015 , 08:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
What's silly about this issue, is that adaptive and moddable have NEVER been the same thing. There's TONS of non-adaptive yet fully moddable gear out there. The only change is that now there is non-moddable adaptive gear available.
Oh, yeah, I agree 100%. I've even seen people talking about adaptive weapons... I think this change is hysterical.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.