Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MeNaCe-NZ
10.07.2015 , 02:37 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex_lockheart View Post
artifice can no longer make enhancements?....
Cybertech can no longer make armoring?...

wow Bioware...
so basically everything ive done in the last 2-3 months has basically been for nothing seeing as how they're removing those from the professions... GG Bioware... GG

anyone else feel like me? like Bioware just drove by in a black suv rolled down the window said "ha ha" flipped u off and drove away? -_-
To be fair they needed to balance out other crafting skills to make them more appealable over all.

However in doing these changes what they should really do is offer everyone a free crew skill reset in that you can reset your crew skills to another crew skill of the same level the old one was.

I hear new 60's are getting auto 500 crew skills so it wouldn't seem unreasonable to give everyone a free reset in light of these changes.

It would certainly cut back on some of the complaints since people would be free to choose whichever crew skill they wanted going forward and wouldn't need feel like they had wasted time leveling it up.

I have a feeling this sort of progressive, constructive thought is somewhat beyond BW at the moment though.

GoldenHornet
10.07.2015 , 02:54 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
They always d but generally speaking the crafted items are much cheaper than the CM items - the trick is if you make a profit once you take mat cost into consideration vs what you could sell the mats for themselves or paid for them.
I'm on TRE and had a quick look. For the red, blue and green +41 power and crit crystals the crafted crystals were on sale for about 31,000 credits. I could sell the mats for about 90,000.

So no, there's no profit there. Just sell the mats instead.

JSitruc
10.07.2015 , 02:57 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
I'm on TRE and had a quick look. For the red, blue and green +41 power and crit crystals the crafted crystals were on sale for about 31,000 credits. I could sell the mats for about 90,000.

which will really only be a problem until 4.0, mat prices are insane due to their importance to conquest. And since crafting will be more limited for conquest objectives, prices will fall. I am still on the side of crafting crystals is pointless compared to buying from CM.
Interested in joining the fight? Click here to get started!

MeNaCe-NZ
10.07.2015 , 03:17 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post

Yeah some people's sillyness to sell things so cheap never ceases to amaze me.

Still there are many more crystals to choose from that require much less purple mats - you just really need to RE them from purchased copies to get the schem is all.

MeNaCe-NZ
10.07.2015 , 03:18 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by JSitruc View Post
which will really only be a problem until 4.0, mat prices are insane due to their importance to conquest. And since crafting will be more limited for conquest objectives, prices will fall. I am still on the side of crafting crystals is pointless compared to buying from CM.
I don't see this as being true because it's usually the purple's that make crafting quite expensive and purples aren't used in conquest ( usually that is - exception is when they have repeatable prefabs ). Or am I missing something?

MeNaCe-NZ
10.07.2015 , 03:26 PM | #286
Oh one more thing that I'm not sure if anyone touched on ...

These elder game crafting mat changes to only get mats from conquest is now pretty much the death of PVP / GSF in this game ( more than it already was ) unless Bioware do something to police what is to come.

By that I mean without crafting in conquest people will turn to the next easiest manner for conquest points which is basically join a match, go have a feed or a cup of tea, get your points for the end of the match win/lose.

I wouldn't be surprised to see people making farming accounts solely for these purposes - how is f2p/preferred work in with getting conquest rewards? Run a dummy toon on a dummy pc for conquest rewards ( I'll assume these mats will sell for a ton too ) ... this is going to be mayhem.

Good thinking Bioware, good thinking. How about you fire whoever comes up with these nutty ideas and hire someone from the community instead as there are a majority of people on here with better ideas and thought processes than what you are currently demonstrating.

NickAvola
10.07.2015 , 03:27 PM | #287 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey, team! Long time no see

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

"There will be two new endgame purple mats:
• Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix”.
• Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst”.

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.
The Operation Mat can only be acquired by killing bosses in Operations.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.
• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.
• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.
• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.
• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,
Nick
Nick Avola | Associate Brand Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

dscount
10.07.2015 , 03:30 PM | #288
Awesome! Thanks

Can you answer the conversion questions on current exotic blues and purple mats? (grade 8, 10, 11)

The term "Mods", does that mean hilts, armor, mods, enhancements, barrels?

So it sounds like we get a BLUE Lightsaber schematic (just stats, no mods) > RE a SM version to Purple > RE to HM version to Purple and no Hilt/Mod/Enh in these items. Only crafted by Conquest Purple mat and these likely include Earpiece and Implant Blue versions going the same path.

THEN we have OPS based GEAR with MODS (hilt/mod/enh) in those versions that we RE the individual items like usual and craft with Purple OPS mats. (hilt/barrel/enh/mod, ear, relic, implant). Makes more sense.

So.. what would THESE mat's convert into then? The new Grade 8 Blue & Purples? (The two 8's are gone)
• Exonium (Grade 11 Exotic Blue)
• Matter Transubstantiator (Grade 11 Exotic Purple)
• Exotic Element Equalizer (Grade 10 Exotic Blue)
• Mass Manipulation Generator (Grade 10 Exotic Purple)
• Molecular Stabilizer (Grade 8 Exotic Blue)
• Synthetic Energy Matrix (Grade 8 Exotic Purple)
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

MeNaCe-NZ
10.07.2015 , 03:35 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by NickAvola View Post
Hey, team! Long time no see

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

"There will be two new endgame purple mats:
• Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix”.
• Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst”.

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.
The Operation Mat can only be acquired by killing bosses in Operations.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.
• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.
• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.
• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.
• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,
Nick
Thanks for the update Nick.

One super important question then ... what skills can craft the end game equivalent gear? Basically I'm asking will all crafting skills have something to craft from this end game gear equally or will some skills benefit more over others?

JarvisW
10.07.2015 , 03:41 PM | #290
Nick, PLEASE make stacks go to 999!!
...Could be worse... Could be raining!