Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Reward Issues and Fallen Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Reward Issues and Fallen Empire
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.06.2015 , 03:37 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We have read a few threads about issues with Conquest rewards not being granted and acknowledge there is definitely an issue with that system. As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

For those who have not received this week’s Conquest rewards, we’re reviewing the situation and will give you an update soon.

As a note, it is likely that over the next few weeks leading up to Fallen Empire there may be continued issues with Conquest rewards being granted. If you choose to participate in Conquests between now and 4.0, please be aware you will not receive your Conquest rewards when the Conquest ends. There is no need to file a Customer Service ticket. We will attempt to grant them to those that have earned them in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Infernixx
10.06.2015 , 03:45 PM | #2
I have to assume this means that the exclusive Conquest-only mats needed to craft the high-end gear won't be available for a month after FE goes live?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Pietrastor
10.06.2015 , 03:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I have to assume this means that the exclusive Conquest-only mats needed to craft the high-end gear won't be available for a month after FE goes live?
First thing that came to my head. New end-game crafting material is rewarded exclusively through Conquests which get turned off for a month lol?

tolaez
10.06.2015 , 03:56 PM | #4
A month?! But... But...

Per your crafting blog
Elder Game Crafting:
This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

PavSalco
10.06.2015 , 03:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First thing that came to my head. New end-game crafting material is rewarded exclusively through Conquests which get turned off for a month lol?
Sounds like Bioware
Not a subscriber, just a referral
$15 for a monthly 1 hour single player ain't worth it

mpatsos
10.06.2015 , 04:22 PM | #6
While your at it, how about re-vamping conquest completely! like adding true conquest per planet like fighting waves of npc's for points, taking over key points on a planet for points, gsf map to fight other guilds for points etc etc etc... also the rewards can be if your guild places top 10 your guild gets a 10% boost to credits when looting or something in those regards... come on bioware make conquest great! and bring back the idea of driving at-at's! Conquest is just making us run old content and gets boring really really fast as it stands now... just saying...

BrianDavion
10.06.2015 , 04:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post

well the hard core raiders will be happy. they'll get a month to waggle their e-peens and think anyone else cares
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

Jerba
10.06.2015 , 04:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I like it this way. When I read the crafting blog, I felt sad that the new HM gear is not exclusive anymore. For all previous content, when a new tier first came out, you could only get it by running the operations yourself. Then a few months later when all progression players had the gear, everyone else was able to get the gear from crafting.

By delaying conquest, they make the HM gear more exclusive. It will also drive down the gear prices because crafters can start stockpiling gear and learn the schematics. Then the only thing driving up the prices will be the conquest mats but since everyone can do conquest on his own, he can farm the mats himself and trade them in for gear at a crafter.

I wonder how this will affect future raids since they did say they will bring new operations, and how they will handle it then if we get a new tier.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Nomaad
10.06.2015 , 04:40 PM | #9
Bw's left hand has lost it's right hand again.

Jinre_the_Jedi
10.06.2015 , 04:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month.
Don't you guys go on vacation in December still? Does this mean it could possibly be off into the new year?