Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sith players: If Star Wars was real would you really join the Sith?

ClayPeopleCry
12.28.2011 , 10:11 AM | #1
Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.

Pyretta
12.28.2011 , 10:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
Would anyone really join the Sith? If you think about it. The way their government works isn't that much different from North Korea or Nazi Germany, and their religious values closely resemble a stereotypical form of Satanism.
Just as those who lived in Nazi Germany and those that live in Communist North Korea, sometimes the choice is made for you.

Given the option, in fantasy, I would join the Sith. More dangerous, exciting and free to be evil. Yet in reality I would probably join the other side which is truly more liberal and overall free for everyone instead of just those in power. :P

LilPika
12.28.2011 , 10:16 AM | #3
I don't think anyone really chooses to "join" the Sith?

It's more you're either born into it, and raised that way, so that's all you know, or you're a power-mad psychopath who genuinly thinks murdering his way to the top is the way to go.

The Empire itself though, I think 90% of them don't see the dirty, underhanded crap that goes on behind the scenes. Remember in the EU of the orginal Star Wars trilogy, the Empire contuinually fed the line of "Terrorists" to the empire and had most of the universe against the rebellion (Though how many bought that is debatable.) Also the way the forces work seems... well more realistic to me than the way the republic does it... and in reality, the way the Army operates is how most real life military forces work. You ain't there to play fair, you're there to win, so the people joining that know what to expect.

I mean let's be honest, Republic soldiers are still trained killers and murderers, they really can't claim a moral high ground when they're still being sent out to kill other people who believe a different way of doing it is a better way. Also realise that the Republic just got it's ARSE handed to it in an attack on Courscant and a breif war... the Republic, right now in our storyline, is weak and bearly able to fight, and a lot of people see that weakness as a threat and leave it or just go and hide away and hate both sides.
Neutral Auction House, trainers and bank all on Nar Shaddaa, Lower Promenade. Start trading there already!

Darth_Rathus
12.28.2011 , 10:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ClayPeopleCry View Post
My license plate is "SITH"... so yes, OP

Keblitis
12.28.2011 , 10:17 AM | #5
Peace is a lie.

Fictivision
12.28.2011 , 10:17 AM | #6
Yes I would join the Sith cause I come from an former communist country.

Proto
12.28.2011 , 10:17 AM | #7
I come from an Eastern European family - Balkan. I grew up with a mother and father who lived through communism and hardship. Its why they escaped to America. Its ironic that despite that I choose Sith to choke, murder, and torture the innocent!
Method of <Fusion>
Imperial Sniper
"The Fatman" server PVP US East

www.fusion-guild.org

konstan
12.28.2011 , 10:19 AM | #8
True, sometimes the choice was made for you.

There were examples when even the SS soldiers made "light side" choices. It does not exonerate the SS as a whole but such examples do exist.
"Good relations with the wookies I have"

archifikoss
12.28.2011 , 10:19 AM | #9
I'm playing an Imperial Agent... Even though I love the class I really don't think I'd like to be one IRL, hahaha

AJediKnight
12.28.2011 , 10:23 AM | #10
Our current, real-life republic is an utter failure. I'm already a monarchist IRL, and would certainly support overthrowing the congress and starting from scratch.

Yes, I would be a Sith. America -- the American myth -- is over.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)