Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing up companions that have fallen behind.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Gearing up companions that have fallen behind.

Suffur
12.27.2011 , 10:14 PM | #1
So I never geared up my first companion. I was a credit fiend and only geared up the one I was using at the time. Now I want to go back to the first one, but hes the equivalent of a level 26 in a level 42 zone. Is there any speedy way to gear him up?

califas
12.27.2011 , 10:48 PM | #2
galactic trade market (auction house)

Suffur
12.27.2011 , 10:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by califas View Post
galactic trade market (auction house)
Thats what I was afraid of, thanks.

Damethian
12.28.2011 , 02:58 AM | #4
You could gear him up in level 40 blue PVP gear if you have the PVP commendations lying around.

Otherwise the GTN, or you can use slottable gear you have lying around and use mod commendation vendors or regular mod vendors to at least get the companion in the neighborhood of where he should be.

Shinyshin
12.28.2011 , 05:15 AM | #5
Commendations.

Now that commendations can't be converted between planets, you're sure to have dozens and dozens and dozens of deadweight commendations after leaving each planet. Those can translate directly into orange gear and, if needs be, mods for said orange gear.

What else are you going to spend them on anyways?

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 07:37 AM | #6
This is a good post. The difference is huge when it comes to a geared companion vs a non-geared companion. I personally am Cybertech and mod all of my own gear, so when I get blue drops i just stick em on my companions

Tamanous
12.28.2011 , 10:13 AM | #7
Same way you gear yourself up and any alt ... get an entire orange set and keep updating the mods as you level.

Green and blue gear are for one thing only: selling for cash.