Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Classes with synergy.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Classes with synergy.

Muse
12.28.2011 , 02:12 AM | #1
A couple friends and I are going to be leveling and playing through the game together. We're going to go through all of the content, both PvE and PvP, and one of us will play a dps, a tank, and a healer respectively. The faction and the actual class doesn't matter to any of us, as we're all willing to try out different things. Are there any group compositions that would benefit most from each other (cross-class buffs, classes that work best together, things like that)?

Prety much just trying to figure out what tank/healer/dps ould be most effective together in both PvE and PvP environments.

Thanks

freddyfear
12.28.2011 , 02:56 AM | #2
No and yes.

While you're completely free to choose whatever setup you want I would suggest you take a couple of smart choises to make things easy for you, I'm thinking more about loot and crafting. You will find armors and weapons of all varieties, and if you have made up a group with a nice spread in classes you can make use of it all. Also if you choose your Crew Skills with a bit of planning you can support eachother with this.

Boyos
12.28.2011 , 03:55 AM | #3
My big recommendation is if two people wanna play the same class ie 2 smugglers (1 dps, 1 healer) and a trooper tank, be sure the two smugglers go oppisate sex. It's a story base game and you don't want two male smugglers looking diffrent but sounding the same so make the one make one female. I would suggest everyone play a diffrent class because you do get your class buff but not that important.

CFourPO
12.28.2011 , 09:23 AM | #4
I would agree with freddy fear. And I would add/elaborate? that I think the most benefit you'll get from having 3 people leveling together wouldnt even be your classes but your crew skills. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530 is good btw

Here I'd either go all non-Jedi or all Jedi because you can have an Armorer, a Weapon maker, and either a Cybertech or Biochemist for non-jedi and a Synthweaver, Artifacer, and again a Cybertech or Biochemist for Jedi.

For Jedi then you can go Guard, Sentinel, Sage. In the alternative you could go with more hybrid approach and have a Shadow (tanky-more DPS), Guard spec'd for dmg, and a Sage.

For non-Jedi you have two healing choices of course, Scoundrel or Commando.

Khadroth
12.28.2011 , 09:26 AM | #5
It's the trinity roles that have synergy with each other, so your class choice doesn't matter. In that sense they all bring something beneficial to the party, regardless of spec chosen. So no it doesn't matter what you choose as long as you have a tank/healer/dps to cover all your needs.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Sun-Runner
12.28.2011 , 10:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Muse View Post
Prety much just trying to figure out what tank/healer/dps ould be most effective together in both PvE and PvP environments.

Thanks
Current Build? I would suggest: BH Powertech (tank-spec / shield tech), IA Operative (heal-spec / medicine), SI Sorcerer (dps-spec / madness). Or the Republic mirrors if you prefer that faction.