Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tune in to Twitch on September 30th for Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay Livestream

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Tune in to Twitch on September 30th for Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay Livestream
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jedi_riches
09.24.2015 , 06:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Khiriath View Post
They say:

WHAT:
First Look at Chapter 1: The Hunt in Knights of the Fallen Empire

So clearly there will be spoilers. They have played through chapt 3, and now they are going to play through chapt 1. So we will have seen 2 of 9 chapters before launch.

I find this both very disappointing and very disconcerting. As a community we have asked to not have spoilers but to have vital information about game play. How FPs, OPs, Streamlined leveling, crafting ect ect are going to work. We continually hear back from the Devs, "Well we understand you want that information, but we have to be sensitive regarding spoilers." Then instead of getting the requested and desired information we get undesired spoilers.

Frustration levels rising.
I thought that was the twitch con stuff on the 25/26 September?

TaitWatson
09.24.2015 , 08:05 AM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

On September 25-26th, there will be streams on and off both days as streamers play through some of Chapter 1 at TwitchCon. The full schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 25:

10:00 AM (PDT): Lulaboo

11:00 AM: Towelliee

12:00 PM: ZombiUnicorn

2:00 PM: LadyInsanity

3:00 PM: OMGitsfirefoxx

Saturday, September 26:

10:00 AM (PDT): LobosJR

12:00 PM: JediConsular

2:00 PM: Aureylian

3:00 PM: JoblessGamers

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

Just in case two weeks in a row wasn't enough, on October 8th, we will be streaming the Cosplay Contest from the New York Cantina Tour stop.

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Icestar
09.24.2015 , 08:06 AM | #23
So clearly there will be spoilers. They have played through chapt 3, and now they are going to play through chapt 1. So we will have seen 2 of 9 chapters before launch.

I find this both very disappointing and very disconcerting. As a community we have asked to not have spoilers but to have vital information about game play. How FPs, OPs, Streamlined leveling, crafting ect ect are going to work. We continually hear back from the Devs, "Well we understand you want that information, but we have to be sensitive regarding spoilers." Then instead of getting the requested and desired information we get undesired spoilers.

Frustration levels rising.
I have no idea why they let us view the chapters before the expansion launch. Why should we as players have to avoid certain information they release before the expansion? If they start spoiling the story again this livestream I will simply turn it off and read the summary of the non spolied information later.

Anysao
09.24.2015 , 08:09 AM | #24
Hey Eric- any chance we could get a wallpaper of that glorious screenshot?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Khiriath
09.24.2015 , 08:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

On September 25-26th, there will be streams on and off both days as streamers play through some of Chapter 1 at TwitchCon. The full schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 25:

10:00 AM (PDT): Lulaboo

11:00 AM: Towelliee

12:00 PM: ZombiUnicorn

2:00 PM: LadyInsanity

3:00 PM: OMGitsfirefoxx

Saturday, September 26:

10:00 AM (PDT): LobosJR

12:00 PM: JediConsular

2:00 PM: Aureylian

3:00 PM: JoblessGamers

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

Just in case two weeks in a row wasn't enough, on October 8th, we will be streaming the Cosplay Contest from the New York Cantina Tour stop.

-Tait
Will these be archived for those of us who can't watch them live?
Payen<Eternal Serenity> Red Eclipse Pay'en<Eternal Insanity>

For free stuff, including server transfer, feel free to click my referral link.

TaitWatson
09.24.2015 , 08:41 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Will these be archived for those of us who can't watch them live?
Yep! All of the streams will be available at twitch.tv/swtor.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nightblazer
09.24.2015 , 08:52 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I have no idea why they let us view the chapters before the expansion launch. Why should we as players have to avoid certain information they release before the expansion? If they start spoiling the story again this livestream I will simply turn it off and read the summary of the non spolied information later.
To make the RPers happy so they can setup their character for the expansion. They have been asking for spoilers.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Jedi_riches
09.24.2015 , 09:28 AM | #28
So it looks as if the stream on the 30th should be spoiler free, well pretty much anyway.

idnewton
09.24.2015 , 09:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenkaiser View Post
I'm hoping there will be a summary afterwards somewhere about what went on in the stream.
Yes, there's this amazing site called dulfy.net. You should probably check it out
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

idnewton
09.24.2015 , 09:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
So it looks as if the stream on the 30th should be spoiler free, well pretty much anyway.
It may be, but I wouldn't plan on it having none. If you're just trying to avoid spoilers, you'll probably be fine for the most part. But if you have spoilerphobia, you will probably still pass out.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'