Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when do we get the Appearance Tab?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
So when do we get the Appearance Tab?

GawdoOo
12.28.2011 , 12:06 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelKer-Nal View Post
Until the conditions in my quote are met, they are mistaken.

Let me also add that looking good should not be strictly reserved for the end game. Crafters need to be able to make Orange gear from level 15 or so on up.
They can. My level 19 sage synthweaver already has 2 different orange patterns. I also have a few patterns I'm not able to learn yet.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/some-clari...-modifications
Quote:
Partially moddable premium (green) items were removed as they essentially lied to the players: an item missing a mod slot would never be able to match a high end non-moddable item. Instead, to compensate for the loss of diversity, orange versions of all green armors was created and given to the crafters. So, yes, if you see a green armor you really like, you still can have that appearance until end level. It does take a bit of work - you either need to become a crafter yourself, befriend one or trawl the GTN.

(Note: recipes for those orange appearances are discovered through Underworld Trading missions.This allows us to have a truly large number of those recipes without overwhelming the crafting trainer inventory. As a side effect, this opens up class quest green armor appearances from other classes as well as long as you fulfill the armor requirements.)

PacmanChampion
12.28.2011 , 12:22 AM | #62
Hopefully never.

ColonelKer-Nal
12.28.2011 , 12:40 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by GawdoOo View Post
They can. My level 19 sage synthweaver already has 2 different orange patterns. I also have a few patterns I'm not able to learn yet.
Glad to hear the orange stuff comes early to crafters. I haven't been able to play much since I'm working 7x12 at the moment.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

foofad
12.28.2011 , 01:10 AM | #64
I fully support an appearance tab for various reasons, not the least of which is to get away from this awful, awful skittle warrior/clown armor in MMOs mentality.

DDSilver
12.28.2011 , 03:00 AM | #65
Appearance tab would break the mod system, and since I kinda like that, I hope we never get one.

Niyenna
12.28.2011 , 09:10 AM | #66
I played Lotro and Rift, both of which had appearance functionality. I've enjoyed them, but I find that an appearance tab waters down the idea of stat-based armor in a way that feels cheap. Here I am, wearing my titan-smashing gauntlets and fireproof beastplate. I wear them, and they give me the power to defeat my foes. But with an appearance tab, I'm not really wearing them. I am actually wearing overalls and a straw hat, but somehow siphoning off the power of my mighty helm of infinite destruction.

It just feels lame. With an appearance tab, why have stat based armor at all?

The mod system allows you to customize your look while retaining the idea that what you wear is actually helping you.

Umpire
12.28.2011 , 09:13 AM | #67
yawn. Customization is cool, but point and click customization is for single player games. If your robe looks like it took a long *** time to earn, then it should. I don't want some schmuck wearing the best robes in the game because he visited some vendor the right way.

Might be selfish or something, but that's the difference between single player and mmos, right?
The F_Swag Stream. High Caliber PVP and PVE.
[Fancy] Swag, The Turks | Powertech | Jedi Covenant

Umpire
12.28.2011 , 09:15 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Niyenna View Post
I played Lotro and Rift, both of which had appearance functionality. I've enjoyed them, but I find that an appearance tab waters down the idea of stat-based armor in a way that feels cheap. Here I am, wearing my titan-smashing gauntlets and fireproof beastplate. I wear them, and they give me the power to defeat my foes. But with an appearance tab, I'm not really wearing them. I am actually wearing overalls and a straw hat, but somehow siphoning off the power of my mighty helm of infinite destruction.

It just feels lame. With an appearance tab, why have stat based armor at all?

The mod system allows you to customize your look while retaining the idea that what you wear is actually helping you.
This should be the OP because this is the best thought in this entire thread

Sarkhah
12.28.2011 , 09:25 AM | #69
It is extremly hard to get a full set of orange armor (if not downright impossible) at the moment. (Because of the low drop rates for the schematics in Underworld Trading.) So the promised appearance customization is non-existant.

Either make changes to the mod system, so we are actually able obtain a full set of orange armor of we want! (Yes, even as Level 10 character.) Or give us an appearances tab. (Still the easiest, tried and true solution for the problem.)

Umpire
12.28.2011 , 09:29 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkhah View Post
It is extremly hard to get a full set of orange armor (if not downright impossible) at the moment. (Because of the low drop rates for the schematics in Underworld Trading.) So the promised appearance customization is non-existant.

Either make changes to the mod system, so we are actually able obtain a full set of orange armor of we want! (Yes, even as Level 10 character.) Or give us an appearances tab. (Still the easiest, tried and true solution for the problem.)
I don't mean to come off the wrong way but if you want to be the awesomest of the awesomest at level 10 with minimal input, this genre isn't for you. MMO's tend to tie a decent-un reasonable amount of effort ("work") to get rewarded. If they didn't the game would be "over" very quickly. The game you're looking for is Skyrim, KOTOR, Fallout 3, etc.