Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 4.0 New Feature: Keybinding Importing and Exporting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 4.0 New Feature: Keybinding Importing and Exporting
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CoryKolek
09.21.2015 , 09:13 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
One feature I pretty consistently see requested is the ability to copy your keybindings from one character to another, so I'm happy to say with the release of 4.0 you'll be able to do just that.

When 4.0 launches you'll notice a new tab in the preference window labeled "Keybinding Import/Export" from there you'll be able to save out your current keybindings to a file which you can then load on another character. When you save the keybinding they'll show up in a list which you can then select to preview and load those saved bindings. The list of keybindings you can import is shared across all your characters and saved locally on your computer. The keybindings are saved out to an XML format much like the UI Profiles are, so you'll be able to share them with friends and such.
Cory Kolek | Lead Gameplay Engineer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Xeraz
09.21.2015 , 09:31 AM | #2
Thank you!
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Griff_Simmons
09.21.2015 , 09:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryKolek View Post
One feature I pretty consistently see requested is the ability to copy your keybindings from one character to another, so I'm happy to say with the release of 4.0 you'll be able to do just that.

When 4.0 launches you'll notice a new tab in the preference window labeled "Keybinding Import/Export" from there you'll be able to save out your current keybindings to a file which you can then load on another character. When you save the keybinding they'll show up in a list which you can then select to preview and load those saved bindings. The list of keybindings you can import is shared across all your characters and saved locally on your computer. The keybindings are saved out to an XML format much like the UI Profiles are, so you'll be able to share them with friends and such.
Praise Kephess for this blessing of a feature from the dev team, great job devs!

oofalong
09.21.2015 , 09:34 AM | #4
Sounds awesome.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Mubrak
09.21.2015 , 09:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryKolek View Post
Awesome! Thank you

Bonzenaattori
09.21.2015 , 09:40 AM | #6
Wow! Impressive
Keep it up

Tatanka
09.21.2015 , 09:41 AM | #7
Sounds great!

Any way this functionality can be extended to other UI settings? Having to go in and adjust things such as chat, hotbar cooldown visuals, and map settings can be a bit frustrating to do on a character by character basis.
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"
Click this not obnoxiously sized referral to add 7 days to your sub, a free server transfer, a jumpstart bundle, and more!
I get stuff,
you get stuff, we both save the galaxy!

Veerlo
09.21.2015 , 09:43 AM | #8
Wow what a great news today :-) anything yet about legacy datacrons?

CE owner,
New to SWTOR or wanna have 7 days of sub level account, goodies and free transfer ? Click here

TUXs
09.21.2015 , 09:44 AM | #9
GREAT news!!!! Thank you for finally adding this feature.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

OmenQ
09.21.2015 , 09:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Sounds great!

Any way this functionality can be extended to other UI settings? Having to go in and adjust things such as chat, hotbar cooldown visuals, and map settings can be a bit frustrating to do on a character by character basis.
I do this currently by going into the settings folder and copying the settings from one character's file and pasting them into the other.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>