Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nico Okarr

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
09.17.2015 , 09:32 AM | #181 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Nico in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Nico, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Nico right away. If you want to get Nico as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Nico is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion (which I created ).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.17.2015 , 09:41 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Niko in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Niko, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Niko right away. If you want to get Niko as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Niko is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion (which I created ).

-eric
Clears up a bunch! Thank you!

My only remaining question is, if we decide to wait, can we assume we'll have Niko in the first KOTFE dump (chapters 1-9)?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
09.17.2015 , 09:46 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Clears up a bunch! Thank you!

My only remaining question is, if we decide to wait, can we assume we'll have Niko in the first KOTFE dump (chapters 1-9)?
Gosh! Always demanding more Tux! Never happy with what you got ehh???
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.17.2015 , 09:53 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Gosh! Always demanding more Tux! Never happy with what you got ehh???
No no no...I'm asking...if eric refuses to answer, then I'll begin my demands
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Max_Killjoy's Avatar


Max_Killjoy
09.17.2015 , 09:55 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As I mentioned in my previous post, the plan for getting Niko in Fallen Empire was that you would recruit him into your Alliance as you were playing through the storyline. However, knowing the concerns about how you access Niko, we are also going to send you a token in the mail which will allow you to have Niko right away. If you want to get Niko as a part of playing through Fallen Empire, you can still do that. Just delete the token from your mail and you will get him naturally. On the flip side, if you claim the token we will still let you do his recruitment mission later on, you will just already have him.

This way the decision is in your hands on whether you want to get him as a part of the recruitment, or if you just want him right away. And it is worth repeating, that Niko is only accessible to those subscribers who qualified for him.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion (which I created ).

-eric
Eric, that is freaking awesome. It's the best of both worlds, every sort of player gets what they want, and it's the sort of solution I'd like to see more often.

Good on Bioware, and good on you.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
09.17.2015 , 10:00 AM | #186 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Clears up a bunch! Thank you!

My only remaining question is, if we decide to wait, can we assume we'll have Niko in the first KOTFE dump (chapters 1-9)?
Yup! You will be able to get him with the content that releases on 10/27 (or 10/20 for early access).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.17.2015 , 10:05 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Yup! You will be able to get him with the content that releases on 10/27 (or 10/20 for early access).

-eric
Excellent! Thank you Eric!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
09.17.2015 , 10:09 AM | #188
Why not send us a token that shows the ending to KOTFE right away? Why not, I'm "concerned", I paid for expansion and I want everything right now.

Add this to old companions that are gone still being summonable just because people complained about waifus/husbandos going away and the entire concept of story-focused expansion gets more and more laughable.

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
09.17.2015 , 10:10 AM | #189
This is great news regarding Nico. I feel any companions given outside normal means Ala HK and Treek should always have some sort of option to get them whenever you feel like.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

LordTynell's Avatar


LordTynell
09.17.2015 , 10:33 AM | #190
Can this answer work with level scaling on planets as well, Eric?
Who's the more foolish? the fool, or the fool who follows him?