Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: 15 September 2015

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
09.11.2015 , 02:20 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on September 15th in order to perform maintenance. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance.

Details:
DATE: September 15th, 2015
TIME: 4AM PDT (12PM BST) - 9:30AM PDT (5:30PM BST)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Stoofa
09.11.2015 , 03:58 PM | #2
6hrs of downtime - with no patch information is it safe to assume you'll be using this downtime to fix the god awful latency and ping issues that are currently plaguing your game?
Here is a referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H579Bl
Be you newbie, subscriber or old-hand - we both get free things if you click me!
7 days of free subscription, a free character transfer & a bundle of free unlocks

Khryn
09.11.2015 , 04:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
6hrs of downtime - with no patch information is it safe to assume you'll be using this downtime to fix the god awful latency and ping issues that are currently plaguing your game?
Oh dear god please tell me that is the main goal of this maintenance. I'm sure Time Warner Cable is begging for this too. I know all the local techs by first name now due to lag/latency spikes in this game.
Khryn, Rex'sun, Xhiryn, and variations of such.
Jung-Ma Refugee.
I'm a keyboard turnin' cowboy, baby.

Nightblazer
09.11.2015 , 04:34 PM | #4
Since there is no patch I would assume that it's server maintenance and upgrades. Probably things to get ready for the expansion.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Aeristash
09.11.2015 , 09:01 PM | #5
I shall be sad to be away from the game, but I thank you for forewarning me of this scheduled delay.

Diviciacus
09.12.2015 , 10:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on September 15th in order to perform maintenance. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance.

Details:
DATE: September 15th, 2015
TIME: 3:30AM PDT (11:30AM BST) - 9:30AM PDT (5:30PM BST)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-Tait
Why would you use such an awkward and clunky periphrastic? Why not just say "Servers going down for maintenance. No patch."?
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

SniprsGetMorHead
09.12.2015 , 11:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Why would you use such an awkward and clunky periphrastic? Why not just say "Servers going down for maintenance. No patch."?
Why does it matter? You obviously understood his/her point. I swear, the salt on these forums is real.

Aeristash
09.12.2015 , 01:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SniprsGetMorHead View Post
Why does it matter? You obviously understood his/her point. I swear, the salt on these forums is real.
Seriously. I was left aghast after reading that response to tait just doing her job. Baring the full spectrum of ones teeth over so trivial a matter is worrying.

Reno_Tarshil
09.12.2015 , 04:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
If you can understand what Tait said, anyone could. It's not as mind boggling to read as you think it is.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Etain_Skirata
09.13.2015 , 05:38 AM | #10
So I assume that with this downtime on Tuesday, that y'all will be fixing the launcher error that myself and many many others are having? I have seen many posts on y'all's Facebook page and several threads on the customer support forum complaining about this issue and I have yet to see anyone from customer support reply to anybody. We have been able to "fix" the issue by deleting the bitraider file, only to have to do it all over again, when we go to log back in. This is incredibly unfair, especially to those of us that are subscribers. We pay to be able to play, not to run across problems, mention the problems, only to be ignored. I don't generally play online games because it costs money to play, but because this is Star Wars, I was willing to pay to play this game. So far, I'm extremely upset with customer service and support. I sincerely hope that y'all will address this issue and let people know what the heck is going on.