Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nico Okarr

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SebastiaanZ's Avatar


SebastiaanZ
09.11.2015 , 03:45 AM | #1
So Bioware ... another question. At what level will Nico Okarr be available for new toons? Say you start from scratch as a lvl 1, will he be available like HK directly or from lvl 10 like Treek?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

ekwalizer's Avatar


ekwalizer
09.11.2015 , 04:20 AM | #2
My guess is that he will be granted as a level 60+ quest-token similar to Treek, probably sometime around chapter 4-6. It doesn't make sense to get him before the events of KotFE. It also doesn't make sense to get him and then not be able to use him for KotFE. Most logical introduction for him is that he was also frozen in carbonite, long ago. He was in his late 30s-early 40s in "Return", which happened around 30 years prior to "level 1". Take note of how much Sateel Shan has aged between "Return" and now.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

cyrusramsey's Avatar


cyrusramsey
09.11.2015 , 04:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
My guess is that he will be granted as a level 60+ quest-token similar to Treek, probably sometime around chapter 4-6. It doesn't make sense to get him before the events of KotFE. It also doesn't make sense to get him and then not be able to use him for KotFE. Most logical introduction for him is that he was also frozen in carbonite, long ago. He was in his late 30s-early 40s in "Return", which happened around 30 years prior to "level 1". Take note of how much Sateel Shan has aged between "Return" and now.
The terms state that all rewards will be delivered by ingame mail as soon as the expansion hits. They made no special mention of alternative requirements for this specific reward, so I believe it is safe to assume that the companion or the means to get this companion will not be sent only once you reach a certain level. This of course does not mean anything as to when you can actually use the companion, but I am guessing level 10 because of the following:

First, it seems unlikely to me that they'd give this companion a significant story presence in kotfe, if any, because this is 'just' a sub reward, I can't imagine they'd lock out any significant story content for people who weren't subbed (or even around yet) in a very short time frame within the lifespan of the game. So starting at lvl60/kotfe start would not be needed.

Secondly, I suspect that while HK-51 was something more than just a companion, a short quest line, most likely without considering the addition of more companions later on, with Treek they set a 'standard'. They couldn't take away HK from levels 1-9 from people, but I believe with Treek they set things up for how they wanted to go about future non-story companions. A token retrievable at any time, usable at level 10.

tl;dr - pretty sure it will be a token usable at level 10

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.11.2015 , 06:54 AM | #4
Most likely level 10 unlock.

Either that, or 60 unlock, seeing that you need to be 60+ to do the expansion.

ekwalizer's Avatar


ekwalizer
09.11.2015 , 08:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cyrusramsey View Post
The terms state that all rewards will be delivered by ingame mail as soon as the expansion hits. They made no special mention of alternative requirements for this specific reward, so I believe it is safe to assume that the companion or the means to get this companion will not be sent only once you reach a certain level. This of course does not mean anything as to when you can actually use the companion, but I am guessing level 10 because of the following:

First, it seems unlikely to me that they'd give this companion a significant story presence in kotfe, if any, because this is 'just' a sub reward, I can't imagine they'd lock out any significant story content for people who weren't subbed (or even around yet) in a very short time frame within the lifespan of the game. So starting at lvl60/kotfe start would not be needed.

Secondly, I suspect that while HK-51 was something more than just a companion, a short quest line, most likely without considering the addition of more companions later on, with Treek they set a 'standard'. They couldn't take away HK from levels 1-9 from people, but I believe with Treek they set things up for how they wanted to go about future non-story companions. A token retrievable at any time, usable at level 10.

tl;dr - pretty sure it will be a token usable at level 10
Getting the item delivered at level 1 via email does not equate to being able to access the token based quest, if that is the route they go.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

Khealos's Avatar


Khealos
09.11.2015 , 08:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
Getting the item delivered at level 1 via email does not equate to being able to access the token based quest, if that is the route they go.
Agreed. Subs get the 4 crystal pack but can't use until level 10. I'm just glad to have another Minion at my disposal

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
09.11.2015 , 12:56 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
So Bioware ... another question. At what level will Nico Okarr be available for new toons? Say you start from scratch as a lvl 1, will he be available like HK directly or from lvl 10 like Treek?
This is a great question. Nico Okarr works a bit differently than the Companions you are comparing him too. To avoid any spoilers I don't want to say too much, but you recruit Nico Okarr into your Alliance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, and have him as a Companion thereafter.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
09.11.2015 , 12:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is a great question. Nico Okarr works a bit differently than the Companions you are comparing him too. To avoid any spoilers I don't want to say too much, but you recruit Nico Okarr into your Alliance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, and have him as a Companion thereafter.

-eric
So he's part of the story, basically?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
09.11.2015 , 12:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is a great question. Nico Okarr works a bit differently than the Companions you are comparing him too. To avoid any spoilers I don't want to say too much, but you recruit Nico Okarr into your Alliance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, and have him as a Companion thereafter.

-eric
Does this mean that if you don't play through fallen empire you can't get him as a companion despite being advertised as part of July's/August 10th subscription?

Jbethune's Avatar


Jbethune
09.11.2015 , 12:59 PM | #10
I would bet he is more like a side quest because not everyone is going to get him so he cannot be part of the main story I would think.