Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any update on Amazon shipping early?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Any update on Amazon shipping early?

Zintch
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #11
Unfortunately I'm in Australia, so they won't do release day delivery. Did start a chat with Amazon people though. The person was originally like, sure it will be shipped early, but then is like, sorry we can't ship it to you early because we don't have the stock and won't get it until release day . . . They did also say that if they get the stock in before they release date they will start shipping the item immediately.

So still don't have any real idea about what is happening

Zintch
12.13.2011 , 07:44 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by smackphat View Post
Mine still shows a delivery date of December 28, 2011 - January 2, 2012. Does anyone have a phone number for customer service? I'm scared to rock the boat on my order due to limited supplies though. :-( Entirely too much uncertainty around this launch. Especially, after all of BW/EA's talk of this game being focused on the service.

If you go to the help page, you can start an online chat with a customer service person.

ThorienM
12.13.2011 , 07:47 AM | #13
Walmart just told my wife they will ship my CE and regular boxes on the 20th. This is really making me angry.

So I PREORDERED just to get locked out. Nice play BW. Please work this out so I can have my product on or before the release date.

Masonox
12.13.2011 , 07:47 AM | #14
My next day delivery that was set at the 22nd now states "release date delivery"

Thanks for that hard work Bioware.
Remembers the . I was there.

smackphat
12.13.2011 , 07:54 AM | #15
Thanks, Zintch. I'm on the horn now.

ELEE
12.13.2011 , 07:58 AM | #16
My CE preordered on July 22nd had a previous delivery date of Dec 22nd. After checking this thread, I checked my amazon.com account. Delivery date has changed to Dec 20th!!! Thanks to Bioware for putting up with all our ranting and getting the job done!
Trooper Mirshe Shereshoy

ALPHA COMPANY

203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

BigGonz
12.13.2011 , 07:58 AM | #17
The biggest load of crap is this is EA's doing. It's an effort to push their "Origin" delivery system. Hell, I am better off cancelling and just going to pick it up from Best Buy on the 20th.
Jaleer, Sith Warrior-Juggernaut - Immortal spec.
Gonz - Future Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire.
NGE Blue Glowie.
Oh, and CE Pre-Order Goon!

APhantasm
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorienM View Post
Walmart just told my wife they will ship my CE and regular boxes on the 20th. This is really making me angry.

So I PREORDERED just to get locked out. Nice play BW. Please work this out so I can have my product on or before the release date.
Agreed, I am seriously considering calling and canceling if that is the case. I can get the non-CE download on release day or go to Wal-Mart and purchase it in-store straight from them on release day. The whole point of pre-ordering is to get it on release day, not 2 weeks later. As is the case with me. I will be cut out for a minimum of a week or more due to post office mail times due to the holidays.

smackphat
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #19
I just got done chatting with Amazon customer support. They upped me to one day shipping free of charge from super saver. Still has an estimated delivery date of Dec. 22nd, but at least it's not Jan. 2nd now.

APhantasm
12.13.2011 , 08:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by smackphat View Post
I just got done chatting with Amazon customer support. They upped me to one day shipping free of charge from super saver. Still has an estimated delivery date of Dec. 22nd, but at least it's not Jan. 2nd now.
I wish Walmart would do that but I doubt they will.