Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Bolster and Your First Exhumed Gear.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to Bolster and Your First Exhumed Gear.

bredforslaughter
08.27.2015 , 11:34 AM | #11
Interesting to see people want to do relics first.

Aside from players simply not knowing which relics will bolster them and it being a simple way to prevent players from using "non-bolster" gear. Is there another reason why?

I personally tend to buy the mainhands and offhands first because they are direct upgrades to min/max damage output and I know how to keep my bolster at 2018 otherwise.

Thanks for sharing.

Nyla
08.30.2015 , 01:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bredforslaughter View Post

Aside from players simply not knowing which relics will bolster them and it being a simple way to prevent players from using "non-bolster" gear. Is there another reason why?

I personally tend to buy the mainhands and offhands first because they are direct upgrades to min/max damage output and I know how to keep my bolster at 2018 otherwise.

Thanks for sharing.
Many people don't know where to get relics while leveling, the fact that the only neutral ones for low levels come from an event vendor with reputation needed, that others between 1-50 have light/dark requirements (which are hard to met at the right level when using 12x XP), ... means a lot of people don't have relics when they reach 60.

Getting relics first would help them get the "right" expertise first instead of having better MH/OH (increase somewhat negated by lower expertise due to missing relics).

bredforslaughter
09.07.2015 , 11:21 AM | #13
Edited based on feedback and research.

bredforslaughter
09.07.2015 , 05:48 PM | #14
Further edited based on research.

Icykill_
09.07.2015 , 06:34 PM | #15
It's good to see another person cares and has taken a positive step to try to educate people...
Not sure if you noticed, but 3 of us have already made threads like this and have spent a lot of time testing... We do this each major upgrade... And often discuss our results

You will find RANDLEs thread actually stickied at the top of the PVP forum and mine is linked into it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

I hope people read this thread... Unfortunately not many do... If you see people PVP with gearing issues... Point them to any of these threads...

Lastly, I will link this thread in mine... I'm sure RANDLE will too when he see's it... Can I ask you link ours into the OP as we often update and will do a big one when 4.0 comes out... Cheers
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

bredforslaughter
09.08.2015 , 10:53 AM | #16
Edited for clarity and added some notes. Added links to the OP as requested.

Icykill_
09.08.2015 , 09:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bredforslaughter View Post

Thanks for sharing.
You are doing it right with weapons
From all the testing I have done.. I don't buy relics first...
Consider this... As you are leveling from 53-60 you must have something like this main/off hand mix of 162/148/148 to get 2018 expertise... So even when you reach 60 with its bolster those weapons will be underpowered... So it is much better to equipe those weapons first
Also remember that relics are a proc and aren't even guaranteed to go off... So by equipping them first you are missing out on damage more constantly for something that is intermittent..

Personally I now equip in this order if I didn't have enough Comms when I hit 60 (which is never since the new Comms limit)...
Weapons
2 set bonus (cheapest is belt and wrist),
Relics, but I only do this if I can upgrade them straight away to ranked ones so that I can equip augments straight away... I also do that with implants and ear
After relics I get my 4 set bonus
Implants and ear to upgrade straight to ranked
Finish my armour set off
Then I min max with mods and enhancements

At the moment if I were to reach 60 I would only upgrade my weapons... Why... Because 4.0 will be out soon and you are better off saving those Comms to upgrade to the new armour out in just over a month
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Racter
09.09.2015 , 03:47 AM | #18
I disagree slightly, I do and will always recommend getting relics first, preferably straight to the top tier. Same with implants/ear piece but to a lesser degree, otherwise you're wasting an augment kit + credits augmenting entry level stuff.

Relic procs are worth more than every other piece of gear combined, assuming the rest of your gear is bolstered properly. They're even worth more than set bonuses. They are that good, lol

Icykill_
09.09.2015 , 04:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
I disagree slightly, I do and will always recommend getting relics first, preferably straight to the top tier. Same with implants/ear piece but to a lesser degree, otherwise you're wasting an augment kit + credits augmenting entry level stuff.

Relic procs are worth more than every other piece of gear combined, assuming the rest of your gear is bolstered properly. They're even worth more than set bonuses. They are that good, lol
On getting the top teir ones first we are in 100% agreement... It would be a complete waste of credits to augment the entry level ones...

The thing to remember is that those Relic procs aren't guaranteed... You could theoretically go a whole match without them ever procing... I'm a fan of having those confirmed set bonuses and stats first because they are a guaranteed... The relics are definitely important which is why I do them as soon as I've done weapons and a 2 set bonus... I used to do them first, but from experience I found doing weapons first gave a better result in actual combat
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Ghenghis-Khan
09.09.2015 , 02:35 PM | #20
when I pvp I strip down to my undies, unequip my weapon and just use hand attacks. That's how I roll.
Do you like free stuff and a free subscription, just click this link. http://www.swtor.com/r/Dx6MFG
Santa wearing full mandalorian armor will come and give you a surprise if you do. But if your bad he enslaves you and forces you to play FFXI till you go insane.