Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Default Attack "1" on different quickbar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Default Attack "1" on different quickbar?

Mikuro
12.28.2011 , 02:33 AM | #1
Hello,

I know that on your main quickbar anything that is in the "1" slot is your default attack. Lets say that i can't stand having my main bar above the secondary quickslot that you can activate in options and instead want to move all my abilities down to the bottom bar instead of the top.

I was able to rebind all the keys so it would function (yes... just like warcraft/aion, etc) -BUT- my default key that would activate when i right click still remains on the "main" bar, how can i move that down to the bottom bar?

chavoda
12.28.2011 , 02:47 AM | #2
Dont think you can, seems its bound somewere to toolbar slot "1" and not to the key 1

Have not found any keybinding files on my pc yet (dint look very hard tho) might be its stored server side. might just be hidden some were.
worse case its hard coded. at any rate.. we all know the UI is downright bad design, (as in functionality) who ever had lead and worked on it should bow their head in a little shame, Asian 100 in a dozen grinders have better control over their UI's

but eh..thats sw:tor for you, great game but completely lacking of everything that makes playing it more enjoyable. UI, chat, bubbels, sitting, interaction objects.. none of that ..

hanczak
12.28.2011 , 03:14 AM | #3
Well, cant say i dont miss some UI changes (frames, AH addons) but we were warn earliler that there will be no mods early in the game, so it is hardly an argument.

Mikuro
12.28.2011 , 03:53 AM | #4
Well thats unfortunate.

I can't imagine why they'd think an "Expanding" hotbar that moves the location of the existing main one was a good idea. Would really like the main "1" to be on the bottom hotbar instead of the "main" top one.

TiggaHarley
12.28.2011 , 08:14 AM | #5
I understand your situation. I am having issues not being able to customize to my perfect UI. I have always liked my chat area to have a solid background but so far i havent figured it out or even if its possible.

Not a perfect solution but couldnt you just have the same attack in both 1 slots on the top and bottom bar?

you could also just swap the 1 slot. meaning once you rebind your keys that the top bar would be 1 and then (for example) F2 thru F12. Then bottom bar would be F1 then 2-=.