Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class missions removed/altered?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class missions removed/altered?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sigiles
09.03.2015 , 02:53 PM | #1
First off, forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Will the class stories, planetary storylines and side missions be removed or altered for the KotFE expansion?

I was under the assumption that it will all remain the same until you hit 60 and start the KotFE content, in which you will be "moved" to another instance, sort of..

Say I start a Trooper after the launch of KotFE.. Will that Trooper go through the Trooper storyline that has always been there since launch?

Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But I heard something that worried me...
Light travels faster than sound, that's why people seem so bright until they open their mouths.

Icestar
09.03.2015 , 02:55 PM | #2
I think they will change something, but we do not have that much information about what that means.

Sigiles
09.03.2015 , 02:58 PM | #3
Thanks for replying..

I hope I can find a clear answer on this.. I'd really like to know if I should burn through every class story before the launch just to see it (I like to take my time with these things), I don't have too much time to play nowadays and I'd hate to have huge parts of the game locked away from me because I didn't have the time to play through it before they "remove" it..
Light travels faster than sound, that's why people seem so bright until they open their mouths.

Chimerako
09.03.2015 , 03:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigiles View Post

Will the class stories, planetary storylines and side missions be removed or altered for the KotFE expansion?

I was under the assumption that it will all remain the same until you hit 60 and start the KotFE content, in which you will be "moved" to another instance, sort of..

Say I start a Trooper after the launch of KotFE.. Will that Trooper go through the Trooper storyline that has always been there since launch?

Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question.. But I heard something that worried me...
The class missions of any character @ 60 will disappear and from the description it SEEMS like any new character get a watered down version of 12 xp. The that's just me guessing based on what little info we have.

DOHboy
09.03.2015 , 03:03 PM | #5

I suspect it will remain much the same, i think what you'll see in change in rewards, change in experience, perhaps simpler planetary quests (fewer side quests) or side quests with different rewards that justify doing them.

Anything is pure speculation but the story is the main selling point of this game, i don't see them changing the core stories for anything, the planet and side quests (heroics etc) are different stories, as are the flashpoints.
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

Muljo_Stpho
09.03.2015 , 03:09 PM | #6
We can all put forward our guesses and hopes and fears about it. But yeah, ultimately we don't really know what they meant when they briefly mentioned once that the 1-50 story would see some streamlining. For all we know it could just be a simple change like making 12x-like xp numbers (maybe not that high though) a standard feature. Maybe it could mean some quality of life updates by adding more taxi stops / quick travel points or removing unnecessary travel from mission steps (go to the senate tower, go to Republic fleet, go to the senate tower again). Or maybe it could even be something more complicated than any of those ideas.
Hey look, it's a referral link! Free stuff available if you want to click it. (Info page on referral program.)

EricMusco
09.03.2015 , 03:10 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hey Sigiles,

If you start a brand new level 1 character, you will still be playing the Trooper Class story, the Planetary Arcs, and more. It is true that we have some changes planned for leveling in Fallen Empire, but we aren't going to take things away from you! It just more about "streamlining" your leveling.

I am actively working with the team on a blog/post which will describe everything in detail. So, more details to follow, but in short, you are completely safe

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SithKoriandr
09.03.2015 , 03:10 PM | #8
Hmmm...I could see them making it so you do the planet and class storyline and then moving on to Ilum, Makeb, SoR, KotFE...
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Gonalius
09.03.2015 , 03:10 PM | #9
They are speeding up the levelling, whilst keeping the story the same. We don't know what that means exactly just yet. It may mean thinning out the mobs in instances, boosting rewards or giving General Garza a holo... We don't know exactly yet.

You only get locked out of your class story when you start chapter one of KotFE
Blah blah, referral link. Danger: May contain Unicron. http://www.swtor.com/r/9yDQXH (PS: If you do click this link, Thank You! Hugely appreciated!)

Sigiles
09.03.2015 , 03:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Sigiles,

If you start a brand new level 1 character, you will still be playing the Trooper Class story, the Planetary Arcs, and more. It is true that we have some changes planned for leveling in Fallen Empire, but we aren't going to take things away from you! It just more about "streamlining" your leveling.

I am actively working with the team on a blog/post which will describe everything in detail. So, more details to follow, but in short, you are completely safe

-eric
Thanks a million for the reply...

Phew.. Now I can relax and get my heart rate back to normal