Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

August Livestream Wrap-up

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dalagante
08.28.2015 , 10:13 AM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Stryges View Post
This is actually a good point. Treek will no longer be DPS go to companion as the companions become roll specific, which in my book is a very good thing as the player gets to level with the companion they want.
The problem is people might have bought her for this very reason. This could be a major Treek nerf.

Codedrago
08.28.2015 , 10:19 AM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalagante View Post
The problem is people might have bought her for this very reason. This could be a major Treek nerf.
They haven't said their nullifying Treek's abilities, just that thy're making sure she and all other companions are able to fill all roles. Besides, I bought treek because all I just wanted a ****** Ewok on the Empire's Wrath's crew!
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

Rafaman
08.28.2015 , 10:23 AM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
They haven't said their nullifying Treek's abilities, just that thy're making sure she and all other companions are able to fill all roles. Besides, I bought treek because all I just wanted a ****** Ewok on the Empire's Wrath's crew!
Yup. I agree. Plus, I've had a great time using Treek since she was available. She was the most useful of companions. But if other companions will now be as effective, I have no problem at all with that. Sadly, Treek will be put on the shelf if other companions with personality, story, and cutscenes are just as useful. And yet, I don't regret one credit I spent on Treek. She has worked out wonderfully.

Icestar
08.28.2015 , 10:36 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalagante View Post
I think they make companions equal powerful. Sounds good to me, I can not stand her chatter

Andryah
08.28.2015 , 10:47 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yup. I agree. Plus, I've had a great time using Treek since she was available. She was the most useful of companions. But if other companions will now be as effective, I have no problem at all with that. Sadly, Treek will be put on the shelf if other companions with personality, story, and cutscenes are just as useful. And yet, I don't regret one credit I spent on Treek. She has worked out wonderfully.
I'll probably still use Treek. If for no other reason.. then to see her hang-glide as she charges the target.

I really enjoy her tossing watermelons too.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

dogbone
08.28.2015 , 10:52 AM | #486
Quote:
How does gear come into play here?
Starting in KotFE your Companion's power and stats scale with your level, regardless of the gear they are wearing. However, you can still use gear to determine exactly how your Companions will look. (note: this is not a part of Appearance Designer)
First off, let me say I love this improvement to QoL and I very much look forward to its implementation. That said, I have concerns with the statement "Companion's power and stats scale with your level" as it seems that there will be a slight impact when dealing with both planet based leveling in a small part and endgame progression in a large part, if the companion's power is simply tied to the level of the toon. It seems to me that you may wish, and may have already, to include a calculation for the Item level of the main toon. In other words in the past we could increase our companions power with increasingly more powerful gear, but if the new calculation is simply Companion Power = Level*X the companion will start to lag behind the main toon at any plateau in game play as we acquire more powerful level X gear.

Just a quick note, keep up the great work!! Very Excited for Knights of the Fallen Empire..

As a side note, the change to companion spec is something I have been hoping for since day one.. awesome change.. Thank You!!!

Rafaman
08.28.2015 , 10:58 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I'll probably still use Treek. If for no other reason.. then to see her hang-glide as she charges the target.

I really enjoy her tossing watermelons too.
Lol. Oh yes. The hang glider closer and the simultaneous little yell bring a smile to my face every time she does it.

SithKoriandr
08.28.2015 , 11:03 AM | #488
That's the benefit I like about the companion changes. People will be able to use their favorite companions now! Will they change it up per class, always use a certain one, it'll be fun to see!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

EricMusco
08.28.2015 , 11:58 AM | #489 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazyon View Post
Will companion bonuses still affect crafting?
No they will not. Now all Companions will simply just be better at Crew Skills the higher their Influence is.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
08.28.2015 , 12:01 PM | #490 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  1. Yes.
  2. Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.
  3. Yup!
  4. Yup again.
  5. The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.
One added note for the second bullet (I have seen this asked as well) Influence will also add to a Companions combat effectiveness.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]