Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

August Livestream Wrap-up

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

solksjaer
08.27.2015 , 08:44 AM | #231
can we finnally get rid of skadge?
use my referal for free stuff in game

EricMusco
08.27.2015 , 08:48 AM | #232 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by cach-x View Post
Chances these get a reply are close to non-existant, but what the hell, I'll ask anyway.

1. Will be able to meet and/or recruit companions that don't belong in our class? (for example, if I play the demo with my agent, will I still see T7?) yes or no will suffice.

2. What affects the companions effectiveness in battle? Only our level? what about Presence stat? what about affection?

3. Will any and all changes to the companion system also be applied to the 1-60 leveling experience?(multiple roles in combat, or whatever changes you introduce to crafting)

4. Since some companions are not customizable via armor, I am correct to assume that the customization slot will still be there?

5. What will happen to earpieces and Implants on companions? Should I remove them before starting KOTFE?
  1. Yes.
  2. Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.
  3. Yup!
  4. Yup again.
  5. The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

J_Fairfox
08.27.2015 , 08:50 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyonhearttwo View Post
"Starting in KotFE your Companion's power and stats scale with your level"

Just level.. or your gear as well? If im in top gear.. will my companion be more powerful than if i were in quest gear for example?
based on the stream, gear is just cosmetic for 4.0 It seems [As far as companion is related]

I would like to know if we get to kill any companions, [old]. Personally theirs one spesificlly I would like to

SebastiaanZ
08.27.2015 , 08:51 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  1. Yes.
  2. Level and Presence. What Presence does is increase damage, healing output, and total health of your Companions.
  3. Yup!
  4. Yup again.
  5. The plan right now is they will be mailed to you when they come off your Companion in 4.0.
Since you answered Cach-X's questions, including question 1, can you answer mine from a few posts back? Basically a follow up on his first question?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Margorn
08.27.2015 , 08:55 AM | #235

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?
When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.
Vice versa I would like to know whether it Nico Okarr is already available (like Treek/HK from level 10) when I start a new character.

Reno_Tarshil
08.27.2015 , 09:00 AM | #236
Will all companions from every class be recruitable or only a select few from each?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

airswoosh
08.27.2015 , 09:06 AM | #237
You said in the stream that the gear will carry over, but the aim etc mods /armoring won't matter, will there be a com give back (or something of that nature) for those of us that have spent all that time and basic/ planetary etc coms to get those specific mods etc to gear up the companions?

Also will there be a limit to how many companions we can have? Will we be able to summon cross faction companions, ie: Knight can summon Vette?

BenKatarn
08.27.2015 , 09:06 AM | #238
Question #2/3 - Are you specifically talking like "in your cantina or on your ship" type conversations? Or just dialog directly with that Companion?
Both, obviously. These are companions and not pets. They should be involved in the story and have their own individual stories with the MC continued (Felix Iresso with the thing in his head for instance).

Also, lets see if I get this straight:

My companions (from my class story and/or Cartel Market) are still around. I can still use them once KOTFE hits. But their presence in cutscenes (like with the one we saw in Capter 3) is disregarded since we haven't officially rediscovered them yet. But they will eventually make a return? My Jedi Knight will reunite with Doc and Kira etc again, yes?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

KakeWaffo
08.27.2015 , 09:24 AM | #239
It seems from what I read that we will be running across all of these new companions and some old companions from the various classes as part of the story. Will there be a hard limit on how many companions I will be able to keep as "permanent?" For example if I have five of them by the end of Chapter N and want to add another as they appear in the story will I have to release someone to the wild?

Kazyon
08.27.2015 , 09:28 AM | #240
Will companion bonuses still affect crafting?