Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

August Livestream Wrap-up

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.26.2015 , 07:14 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

As mentioned before, he is a quick wrap-up of what was discussed on the livestream earlier this evening. First off, you can watch the archived version of the stream yourself, right here (part 1) (part 2).

We opened by showing the intro to Chapter 3, along with playing through portions of it to highlight some key choices that can be made, new environments, etc. After that we took on some of the more commonly asked questions around Companions in Knights of the Fallen Empire. Here they are:

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?
When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

Is there more combat customization for Companions?
Absolutely, in fact every Companion can now choose any role you choose at any time; healer, tank, or DPS.

How does gear come into play here?
Starting in KotFE your Companion's power and stats scale with your level, regardless of the gear they are wearing. However, you can still use gear to determine exactly how your Companions will look. (note: this is not a part of Appearance Designer)

What about all of that Affection I farmed for my Companions?
We haven't forgotten the relationships you've built; the affection you earned will not be lost and the relationships you built will continue to be relevant.

If you have more Companion questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. We will work to answer them throughout the rest of the week. Keep in mind of course that we will not answer spoilery questions. Finally, we ended the stream with a video clip from Chapter 1 of Fallen Empire which shows an important decision made around one of the character's Companions. Sparing any spoilers, check out the archive for the clip.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

StefanTOR
08.26.2015 , 07:15 PM | #2
Can we recruit companions from different classes. E.g. I can have Kaliyo on my Bounty Hunter? Thanks.

Excise
08.26.2015 , 07:15 PM | #3
Good stream.

Question #1: Without naming specific companions (we'll use Companion Bob), did I understand the stream correctly and that the below is a possibility:

Companion Bob was a classic Companion. In KotFE, Companion Bob does not return story-wise. Despite that, I can still summon Companion Bob for adventuring purposes.

Is the above understanding correct?

Question #2: Will any new companions have conversation quests?

Question #3: Will any old companions have new conversation quests?
[[The real Revan wouldn't go crazy and kill the Emperor with an insane ceremony. The real Revan would get smashed on stims until his eyeballs bled, abuse the insane pathing AI, and reload the instant something went wrong. He would be unstoppable.]]

Nothematic
08.26.2015 , 07:16 PM | #4
Can you kill [permanently, as in completely unusable] any companions?

Are companions still tied to classes?

Can you recall any companion once you start KotFE?
Coastas - 70 Marauder | Confidential - 70 Operative
[DARTH MALGUS]

Lesaberisa
08.26.2015 , 07:16 PM | #5
Quote:
When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.
What does "outside of the story chapters" mean - are they unavailable for use in any KotFE areas? Will they have dialogue and/or react to choices if they are available in some areas?

Edit (for clarification): I'm asking what "remaining accessible to you outside of the story chapters" actually means in practical terms. Do they react to choices you make in areas they are allowed in? Do they have location-based commentary like on Makeb or Rishi/Yavin? Or are they mute and gameplay-only?

Quote:
We haven't forgotten the relationships you've built; the affection you earned will not be lost and the relationships you built will continue to be relevant
Will we get actual dialogue with romanced companions that reflects the relationship?
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

-Sullster-
08.26.2015 , 07:17 PM | #6
Question: Does the existing character affection we have carry over to KotFE or give a higher starting point of influence if/when we try to get them back?
Level Sync...... "Sigh"

MFollin
08.26.2015 , 07:17 PM | #7
Will Presence become a stronger factor in your companions' strength than pre-KotFE?

KalElc
08.26.2015 , 07:17 PM | #8
I don't want to sound rude or anything but i felt the phenomena with that space bar smashing in the stream.

Can we get the Title: The Space Bar Smasher/killer in the game in the future?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Harbinger
Skyrush (Marauder) / Sky'lash (Mercenary)
Sky'ventress (Sentinel)(Marauder)

OMGITSJAD
08.26.2015 , 07:17 PM | #9
My companions wanted to know when the game engine their digital selves live in would be getting an optimization so that they can experience better framerates across the galaxy??
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
How to play Sniper in Solo Ranked ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

rchj
08.26.2015 , 07:18 PM | #10
will we get a skytrooper hk skin?